My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » FVP 4000T, 5000T

Hard drive not recognised after using ‘players’

(10 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

dijo

Just bought new FVP 5000t- if I watch any of the catch up players, when I return to live tv I cannot pause or record unless I turn the FVP off at the mains and back on again.

| Sat 6 Apr 2019 21:17:04 #1 |
  2. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Have you left the box for say 30 seconds to 1 minute to give it time to re-build the time shift buffer file from the time you switched back to Live TV ? It takes approx 30 seconds or so to create enough content in the live tuner output to build enough content to enable the time shift buffer contents. If you have a recording of the programme, it should have been recorded in the background and you can simply press the recordings button select the ongoing recording and watch it as the recording is continuing (chasing playback) and skip the ads using the skip functions.

Moral is if you want to watch content simply set a recording. It will happen in the background while you watch on demand.

Having 3 tuners and ability to record up to 4 at once there's not much you can't record at the same time especially if you record from the main PSB3 HD channels 101 to 105.

On demand does not need a tuner.

It's not the fastest box by the way.

| Sat 6 Apr 2019 21:32:43 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

dijo

Hi. Thanks for response, but it seems I was not clear enough in my question.
    On return to live tv (after watching a player) I have waited up to 10 minutes and still cannot pause live tv.
    On return to live tv (after watching a player) I select a programme from the guide and press the record button, I get the message that my programme is set to record- but after the programme should have finished recording, I go into the list of recorded programmes and it will be there BUT with the broken symbol and not recorded.
    I then turn off the box at the mains, turn back on, select another programme to record and it works (as does pausing live tv)

| Sat 6 Apr 2019 21:49:34 #3 |
  4. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

If after using on-demand, you looking at the storage option in system settings (I guess this unit must have this option) what does it show?

| Sun 7 Apr 2019 9:23:07 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

dijo

Hi- thanks for helping

Settings shows
    Internal drive HDD

| Sun 7 Apr 2019 14:18:53 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

dijo - 17 hours ago  » 
    On return to live tv (after watching a player) I have waited up to 10 minutes and still cannot pause live tv.
    On return to live tv (after watching a player) I select a programme from the guide and press the record button, I get the message that my programme is set to record- but after the programme should have finished recording

is this happening with all players or one specific player?

| Sun 7 Apr 2019 15:02:08 #6 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

dijo

Has happened with all 4 but always happens with iplayer and uktv

| Sun 7 Apr 2019 15:07:42 #7 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

dijo - 26 minutes ago  » 
    Has happened with all 4 but always happens with iplayer and uktv

I suggest taking it back to the supplier or talking to Humax support.

| Sun 7 Apr 2019 15:34:49 #8 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

dijo

Many thanks to all who offered help.
    Issue now resolved

| Mon 8 Apr 2019 7:44:08 #9 |
  10. Trev

Trev

special member

Great. Glad to know it's now working OK.
    For the benefit of others who might have the same problem, please share with us your 'fix..

| Mon 8 Apr 2019 9:37:48 #10 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.