My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » FVP 4000T, 5000T

Hard drive still on and unit hot

(3 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Harryhornby

special member

Hi All,

I popped downstairs for a drink last night (1.30am) and the Humax was whirring away and was very hot.

We hadn't used the Humax since lunchtime and it had been in standby ever since. The light was the dull red light so it wasn't recording and when I started it up the light went blue and everything seemed ok. I don't think anything recorded last night either.

After putting it back in standby it was still whiring so I pulled the power, plugged it back in and went to bed. I've come down this morning and it's nice and quiet, as I would expect.

Power on and off timers are off
    Automatic power down is on
    Power saving in standby is on

Any ideas? Another "feature"?

| Mon 18 Apr 2016 6:56:43 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Harryhornby

special member

An update to this is that my wife has had to pull the power on the Humax two days in a row now. It's not been used all day but records neighbours and home and away at lunchtime. Would appear that the unit doesn't shut down post recording and keeps whiring away.

When she presses the standby on remote it goes blue then goes back to dull red without a picture coming up on the screen.

Only pulling the power works.

| Tue 19 Apr 2016 15:03:26 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

bill63

special member

The Humax 4000T hard drive will keep running if it is not permanently connected to internet, you need to keep the router on all the time. I had the same thing with mine when I bought my one.

If you have got it to go wireless internet, then sometimes it losses the connection. All you need to do is check to see if it picks I player etc, if not switch it off by the mains and turn it back on again, and this will work.

| Tue 19 Apr 2016 20:58:26 #3 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.