My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » FVP 4000T, 5000T

Hard drive switching on.

(4 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Tommy1976

Hi everyone, every morning at about 4-5 am, the hard drive starts whizzing around the machine stays in standby it is just the hard drive, it won't turn off till i start the machine and turn it off again, I have tried the eco settings but still no joy, also it is slightly warm to touch if left on. I have the machine in my bedroom so hear it every morning, any ideas, many thanks.

| Fri 5 Feb 2016 10:36:12 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Malc63

I have noticed that mine starts up with the red light on at about 4.30 am too. After a few minutes it goes back into standby mode. I suspect that it is accessing the internet, probably to either search for software updates or send usage data to Humax (or maybe both).
    As long as I have left the wi-fi switched on all the time there are no problems, but if I switch off the wi-fi overnight the unit will lock up and require re-booting when I get up in the morning.

| Fri 5 Feb 2016 20:43:27 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Tommy1976

Mine just won't go quiet, I have wifi on all the time as well, very annoying but thanks for your reply.

| Fri 5 Feb 2016 21:04:37 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

bill63

special member

Yes I have just bought the 4000T, I have noticed mine does the same. We do turn the hub off over night as well. all I do is just take it out of standby and when I get up, and put it back in to standby the hard drive then turns off. It must be a glitch in the software that it forgets to turn it off after a while, other wise its a great machine.

| Sat 6 Feb 2016 11:01:50 #4 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.