My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » FVP 4000T, 5000T

Have I made a big mistake?

(5 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Phil@2306

After reading reviews and looking at options, I bought a 5000t a couple of weeks ago. I was very tempted to go for the Panasonic DMR-HWT150EB. But now I wonder if I made the right decision. I used to have SKY but cancelled it, I find the HUMAX slow, when changing channels. Often when looking at the channel guide a lot of the channels that are a couple of hours ahead show "No information available" this cannot be the signal as I have other tvs that work of the same aerial, and do not get this issue,I know I am used to the sky guide and it was a lot more responsive. But is there any updates for the Humax that might make it quicker? Rather frustrated !!

| Wed 17 Oct 2018 19:37:07 #1 |
  2. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Phil@2306 - 39 minutes ago  » 
    After reading reviews and looking at options, I bought a 5000t a couple of weeks ago. I was very tempted to go for the Panasonic DMR-HWT150EB. But now I wonder if I made the right decision. I used to have SKY but cancelled it, I find the HUMAX slow, when changing channels. Often when looking at the channel guide a lot of the channels that are a couple of hours ahead show "No information available" this cannot be the signal as I have other tvs that work of the same aerial, and do not get this issue,I know I am used to the sky guide and it was a lot more responsive. But is there any updates for the Humax that might make it quicker? Rather frustrated !!

Try setting a daily power on timer at 07:00 on BBC 1 - HD volume max and a matching power off at 07:15. It should repopulate your epg and refresh the epg cache.

Change channels by tapping in the channel number (the same works to move focus in the epg).

My 5000T is sensitive to tuner overload despite a loft aerial. A variable TV attenuator sorted this out.

| Wed 17 Oct 2018 20:19:13 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Phil@2306

Graham, excuse my ignorance is this something I can set up on the machine or do I need to put a timer on the plug? If on the machine how do I do it? Regards.

| Thu 18 Oct 2018 15:55:19 #3 |
  4. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Phil@2306 - 1 minute ago  » 
    Graham, excuse my ignorance is this something I can set up on the machine or do I need to put a timer on the plug? If on the machine how do I do it? Regards.

Freeview Play - Settings - System Settings - Power Timer OK

Power On Timer - Set Timer

Power Off Timer - 07:15

| Thu 18 Oct 2018 16:00:50 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

Phil@2306

Thank you.

| Thu 18 Oct 2018 17:52:37 #5 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.