My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » HDR FOX T2

HD de-encrypt?

(3 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

pvr

Hello people!
    I was so impressed with this model that I bought a second unit for the bedroom. I do, however have three major niggles that may or may not be solvable and wonder if anyone has any advice on here.

The first one is this... Is it possible to get a hardware mod or software hack to prevent the HD content encrypting when transferred to a USB?
    The reason for this is that I recorded a film downstairs and after a hard day at work, decided that I would watch it upstairs with the kids in bed. Imagine my frustration when the USB stick was scrambled and useless!
    I know there is a possibility that I could get the two machimes linked by usb dongle, but that then makes me ask - would the slave machine be automatically powered up by the master machine when reading recordings, or would I have to switch both machines on manually- sounds trivial, but at £270 per machine + wifi dongles, I'd like the lazy man's privilage. If possible though I'd like to avoid putting them online as I already have 3 PS3's- each serving me iplayer, netflix etc.

As a last thought, do you think, eventually when the novelty of HD wears off that the machine will allow the transfer of HD recordings as SD content is now? - I jolly well hope so.
    Matt

| Wed 9 May 2012 17:14:52 #1 |
  2. Barry

Barry

senior admin

Welcome to the Forum

1. This Forums stance on discussing encryption removal:

http://myhumax.org/forum/topic/removal-of-certain-links-and-posts

2. Wifi dongles probably your best bet for a cheap way of linking the units, certain Edimax dongles have worked:

EW 7711 series if memory serves.

3. You will have to switch units on unless you set power on/off timers.

| Wed 9 May 2012 17:52:15 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

pvr

Barry - 13 minutes ago  » 
    Welcome to the Forum
    1. This Forums stance on discussing encryption removal:
    http://myhumax.org/forum/topic/removal-of-certain-links-and-posts
    2. Wifi dongles probably your best bet for a cheap way of linking the units, certain Edimax dongles have worked:
    EW 7711 series if memory serves.
    3. You will have to switch units on unless you set power on/off timers.

Thanks for your welcome, and for your swift reply
    Also, pardon my blundering question regarding the de-encyption- ignorant swine that I am
    I may take a look at the wifi dongles.

| Wed 9 May 2012 18:11:20 #3 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.