My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » HDR FOX T2

HDCP, HDMI and Green Screens

(5 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Bob_S

My HDR Fox T2 worked fine until I changed the TV.

All I get is green screen. Restarting, from power off, standby, whatever, will give a flash of TV channel (NOT necessarily an HD one) and then goes to Green Screen.

Changing HDMI cables and input ports on the TV makes no difference.

I can access the content on the TV and PCs via the DLNA interface but not directly on the TV via HDMI.

I suspect this is an HDCP problem between the two getting over picky.

Please don't ask what Firmware version it has since I can't access the menu!

The TV is a Samsung NEO QLED and Samsung have merely pointed me back to Humax after trying all their suggestions.

My other equipment that I've tried connecting, including a 15 year old (non HD) Sony HDD Recorder, and two other Panasonic HDRs work fine, on HDMI; so this is a Humax HDCP compatibility issue, I suspect.

Any solutions, anyone?

| Wed 30 Nov 2022 17:39:21 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

dino

special member

I guess you've looked at turning off HDCP on the TV.

Otherwise
    HDR bootloader version - the bootloader is involved in the initial dialog between the devices. There are reports that changing bootloader version (either up or down) can fix green screen symptoms.

Similar reports with an HDMI switching device (possibly those with multiple input and multiple outputs) between the HDR and TV.

Use an analogue connection.

| Fri 2 Dec 2022 8:04:42 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

dino - 4 hours ago  » 
    HDR bootloader version - the bootloader is involved in the initial dialog between the devices. There are reports that changing bootloader version (either up or down) can fix green screen symptoms.

There were a few reports some years ago that it might help but since then I have helped several people to install different boot loaders and in all cases it has not made any improvement.

| Fri 2 Dec 2022 12:35:18 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Luke

special member

Bob_S - 1 day ago  » 
    My HDR Fox T2 worked fine until I changed the TV.
    All I get is green screen.
    Any solutions, anyone?

On another Humax forum there is someone who is trying to fix the same issue with their HDR-FOX T2 and TV. Yesterday they ordered 2 different devices to attempt to get round the issue. May be worth keeping an eye out on that thread to see if one of them works.
    https://hummy.tv/forum/threads/hdmi-issue-with-bravia.8203/page-5#post-165342

Bob_S - 1 day ago  » 
    I can access the content on the TV and PCs via the DLNA interface but not directly on the TV via HDMI.

Does that include HD recordings?

| Fri 2 Dec 2022 15:21:11 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

Bob_S

Latest Update:

Directly via HDMI, I can't see anything except for a Green Screen

The TV, AFAIK, cannot turn off HDCP, so that is a dead end.

Via DLNA I can see the recordings and get a good quality picture (but not brilliant - it's 1080p to 4K!), but, of course, doesn't give access to the TV nor the Menu system, so can't do any Firmware tweaks.

Current Situation

I have installed a Eono RCA to HDMI Converter (https://amzn.to/3WbqU8K) with an RCA Lead (https://amzn.to/3FnEjUg), and this gives an adequate TV picture (HDD recordings TBD, but there's always DLNA…)

So far so good, a bit of exploration and things to try, and if anything reveals itself, I'll report.

| Tue 13 Dec 2022 12:47:56 #5 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.