My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » HDR 1800T, 2000T

HDCP I cannot use the HDMI socket

(6 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

mactoshb

I have an HDR 2000T that does everything it should except display through the HDMI socket, only the SCART.
    When I connect the HDMI the screen does not show anything and on switching off displays a message as below:-
    THE PROGRAMME CANNOT BE VIEWED VIA HDMI CONNECTION BECAUSE YOUR TV DOES NOT SUPPORT DIGITAL CONTENT PROTECTION (HDCP). DISCONNECT THE HDMI CABLE AND CONNECT A SCART OR COMPOSITE VIDEO CONNECTOR TO WATCH THE PROGRAM IN STANDARD RESOLUTION.
    I cannot help wondering if in fact I don’t get a picture on HDMI in reality because the HDMI is not working as I have just sold an identical HDR 2000T that displayed everything on either outlet and did not put up any messages.
    I would appreciate if anyone who is knowledgeable on HDCP (Which is a copy protection protocall.) can advise me on this as I have listed it on E-Bay with a note to the above effect and would like to be sure that I do not have to change the listing to the effect the HDMI does not work.
    Thanks in advance, Boyd

| Thu 16 Jun 2016 8:20:19 #1 |
  2. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Try a different cable and/or a different hdmi port on the TV.

| Thu 16 Jun 2016 9:15:51 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Faust

special member

Have you actually connected the Humax to a different TV to ascertain if the issue then goes away?

| Thu 16 Jun 2016 9:17:51 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

bill63

special member

I had this problem with my 2000T, it seems you can not have the HDMI lead and the Scart connected at the same time with out getting this message. I spoke to Humax about this, and they said the unit was designed to be connected to ether a digital output (HDMI) or an analog TV.
    I found if you want to watch it on a analog output (scart), just disconnect the HDMI lead then the message disappears.
    However watching the 2000T through the HDMI socket on your TV even though the scart is connected you should not see this message, you should only see this message when you select the scart output with the HDMI lead connected.
    Also try a different HDMI lead, if you cant get a picture through the HDMI output, also it might be worth checking the HDMI setting on your 2000T.
    Hope this helps

| Thu 16 Jun 2016 11:55:44 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

STRAT71

Was this ever resolved?

| Mon 27 Jun 2016 14:21:10 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

mactoshb

Sorry I am afraid all the suggestions I got came to nothing and I sold it on eBay with a warning about the lack of HDMI signal, I have not had any complaint, yet, from the buyer, but it was only sold a week ago yesterday (sunday) so there is time yet.
    I also realized that if you have a scart and HDMI cable pluggred in at the same time while watching on the Scart it slows everything down eg, if you change the channel instead of changing in not much more than a second it takes about four second and all the other controls are the same, I put a note to that effect in the parcel. No idea why that is but just thought I would mention it,The other one of these I bought will not detect any hard drive,either internal or on USB so is pretty useless, shame because it tunes in and sets up OK but not a lot of good if you cannot record.
    Boyd

| Mon 27 Jun 2016 17:02:31 #6 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.