My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » FVP 4000T, 5000T

Hdcp warning suddenly started appearing

(6 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

mattproctor

Hi
    My in-laws have a 4000T connected directly to a Sony KDL-55W955B tv by HDMI which was working perfectly fine for about a year and then started getting the dreaded HDCP error after the HDMI cable needed to be replaced recently. Turning off and on gives about 30s of picture and then the message. Both devices are connected to network and auto-update their firmware Humax is currently on uktfae 1.03.52 (19 jun 2020)

I am not able to physically access the equipment after today so can only report that I tried all the turnings off/different port stuff and factory reset (without formatting).

I have questions:
    1 the only resolution option is 576i so I don’t understand why HDCP is even being applied since I thought it was just an HD thing?
    2 this happens on hd and sd channels, even when I force the output to “SD output” always on?

I have browsed a little bit on here, this problem seems to happen a lot, I am not going to get a splitter, I am about to recommend they buy a different brand of box unless someone can explain why this should suddenly start happening out of the blue. They have a bunch of recordings on here that they will still want to access even if this is no longer the primary device, so the problem still needs resolving.

Any advice much appreciated

Regards
    Matt Proctor

| Thu 29 Oct 2020 14:51:13 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

pigolato

You replaced the HDMI cable and then the problem occurred?
    Bit of a clue there methinks

| Thu 29 Oct 2020 14:58:31 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

mattproctor

Tried another cable because I was worried that the length (3m) May have been a problem

So tried 2 hdmi cables

| Thu 29 Oct 2020 15:38:11 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

mattproctor

Just plugged in component instead of hdmi and saw the message overlaid while the picture/sound were playing!

I am underwhelmed by this device

| Thu 29 Oct 2020 16:30:15 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

mattproctor - 7 mins ago  » 
    Just plugged in component instead of hdmi and saw the message overlaid while the picture/sound were playing!

Was the HDMI cable still plugged in? If so remove it.

| Thu 29 Oct 2020 16:38:24 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

mattproctor

No the hdmi cable was no longer plugged in - the message appeared while hdmi was plugged in, then I plugged in component and removed hdmi and switched source on the tv and I still saw the message (while tv was playing)

Seems that component will be the solution for now on this device

| Thu 29 Oct 2020 16:51:31 #6 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.