My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » HDR 1800T, 2000T

HDD dskchk? HDR 2000

(5 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

breadpud

Hello,

I have had a root around the threads and apologies if this has come up before. My HDD is causing problems usually around the 70% used; failed recordings. I was wondering if there's a chkdsk option for this model? If not, can I removed the HDD and do an external error check?

Thanks

| Tue 27 Apr 2021 7:33:45 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

breadpud - 2 hours ago  » 
    I have had a root around the threads and apologies if this has come up before. My HDD is causing problems usually around the 70% used; failed recordings. I was wondering if there's a chkdsk option for this model? If not, can I removed the HDD and do an external error check?

You can certainly remove the hard drive and do an external check. At the same time you should take the opportunity to look at the SMART data which can reveal a lot about the physical health of the drive. You will need a computer running Linux to do the check but if you have a PC of some this can be achieved by booting the PC from a live CD or pen drive of a Linux distribution.

| Tue 27 Apr 2021 10:14:04 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

breadpud

Hi there,

I do not have Linux, though it was to be project in lockdown. But I'll do a chkdsk externally then and lock out any errors hopefully. Many thanks

| Tue 27 Apr 2021 19:31:26 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

breadpud - 2 hours ago  » 
    I do not have Linux, though it was to be project in lockdown. But I'll do a chkdsk externally then and lock out any errors hopefully. Many thanks

The HDR-2000T uses a Linux filesystem (probably ext3) and I don't think chkdsk will cope with that which is why you need a Linux OS to run fsck (the Linux equivalent of chkdsk).

| Tue 27 Apr 2021 21:48:57 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

breadpud

Hi again,

ah. I see now. I'll look into the Linux off a stick option then. Thanks

| Thu 29 Apr 2021 16:29:46 #5 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.