My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » HDR FOX T2

HDD Test

(7 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

Anybody tried the HDD test that is new at 1.02.27 on the HDR? I tried it last night as an experiment. For about half an hour the progress bar was moving but then it the stopped and there was no obvious movement. I left it for a couple of hours and when I came back there was no obvious sign of progress; putting my ear lose to the box I couldn't hear any obvious disk activity. As some recordings for my parter were due to start in a few minutes and I wasn't sure if they would be affected I tried to stop the test; what is the correct way to stop the test? Would scheduled recordings have taken place? In the end I put the box into and out of standby which cleared the test display. How long should the test take on a 1TB HDR? The on screen message says "May take a few minutes" but that sound optimistic to me.

| Fri 13 Apr 2012 10:50:04 #1 |
  2. Barry

Barry

senior admin

Only got HDR T2 500 units, the test on them takes approx 60 seconds. If successfully completed message on screen:

HDD Test Pass
    No defects are found.

and you press OK to clear message.

There is no way to cancel once started as far as I know.

| Fri 13 Apr 2012 12:58:53 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

Barry - 10 minutes ago  » 
    Only got HDR T2 500 units, the test on them takes approx 60 seconds.

Thanks Barry. Do we know what it is testing? 60 seconds is too short for a surface scan and I thought it wasn't feasible to run e2fsck with the humaxtv application loaded due to insufficent memory.

| Fri 13 Apr 2012 13:12:49 #3 |
  4. Barry

Barry

senior admin

No detailed information was given on this, it is presumed that the test utilises the HDD built in diagnostics.

| Fri 13 Apr 2012 13:56:52 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

Treid the HDD Test again and this time it completed without error in about 50 seconds.

| Fri 13 Apr 2012 16:51:59 #5 |
  6. ezra pound

ezra pound

special member

It has been reported that the HHD test 'hangs' as in #1 when testing a 2TB drive, obviously not a problem for Humax as they don't fit 2TB drives, but they should have tested 1TB

| Sat 14 Apr 2012 17:07:15 #6 |
  7. Barry

Barry

senior admin

ezra pound - 16 hours ago  » 
    It has been reported that the HHD test 'hangs' as in #1 when testing a 2TB drive

For accuracy 2TB HDD and customised firmware.

| Sun 15 Apr 2012 10:02:00 #7 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.