My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » FVP 4000T, 5000T

hdmi connection

(5 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

disolar

When connecting my 5000t to my TV [using a HDMI cable], it takes around 15 secs for the picture to appear.Is this normal?

| Thu 20 Aug 2020 10:16:14 #1 |
  2. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

disolar - 1 hour ago  » 
    When connecting my 5000t to my TV [using a HDMI cable], it takes around 15 secs for the picture to appear.Is this normal?

Depends where you are starting from. With unit fully on. Timed at 5.98 seconds.

I have a AVR in the system so a double handshake is required. A direct cable to the TV should be faster. I would try a new hdmi cable and/or a different port on the TV.

I will have to put the unit in low power sby and time to picture from this state. I will add the time when I have it. Need to let box go into full sby and not have a recording due to start.

If you have auto set the box wakes up to watch for the broadcaster to signal the programme start. In this condition the box is virtually fully on but with no video or audio output. Pressing the power button will boot in a few seconds.

| Thu 20 Aug 2020 12:08:05 #2 |
  3. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Afterthought. The first boot of the day will always take longer because the cached epg is deleted overnight and it's quite slow to load from the current mux data. . Set a power on timer BBC1-HD 0800 max volume. With a power off at 08:15 to avoid this delay. So without this my box will be a lot faster than yours if you are timing the first boot. Subsequent ones should be a lot faster.

| Thu 20 Aug 2020 12:15:03 #3 |
  4. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Started from sby in around 6 seconds.

If you have already booted your box today. Shut it down and try again. If not boot it and wait for the picture. Then shut it down and try again.

| Thu 20 Aug 2020 12:47:48 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

disolar

Thank you grahamlthompson.I have started the 5000t from standby several times during the day,using two different leads and all the three HDMI ports on my TV,and they all took a similar time to activate.So it seems the Humax is designed to work this way.Once again thanks for your help.

| Thu 20 Aug 2020 14:56:54 #5 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.