My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » FOXSAT HDR

Hdmi connections

(9 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

rexleroy

hi all can you help me with a cable problem.I keep having to pull the cable out and in again for it to work.Happens quite often Ps cable works on other boxes like Youview Yours george

| Thu 11 Sep 2014 12:37:08 #1 |
  2. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Instead of pulling it out, what happens if you select a different input on the TV and then re-select the Foxsat HDMI port ?

| Thu 11 Sep 2014 12:38:25 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

rexleroy

hi the same happens. but it never happens on youview

| Thu 11 Sep 2014 13:07:29 #3 |
  4. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

rexleroy - 25 minutes ago  » 
    hi the same happens. but it never happens on youview

Try swapping the hdmi cables between the youview box and the Foxsat. Try swapping the HDMI ports used between Foxsat and Youview box. Have you tried cycling through the vformat options ? Have you checked the TV makers website to see if firmware update is available ?

| Thu 11 Sep 2014 13:34:35 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

rexleroy

hi tried swapping cables round.vformat is set at hd .It might work one day but back to square one the next yours george

| Fri 12 Sep 2014 6:16:59 #5 |
  6. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

rexleroy - 3 hours ago  » 
    hi tried swapping cables round.vformat is set at hd .It might work one day but back to square one the next yours george

If the picture goes off, does cycling through the v-format options get it back ? Did you swap hdmi ports as requested ?. Make and model of TV ?

| Fri 12 Sep 2014 9:31:10 #6 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

rexleroy

hi graham my TV is an lg smart TV .Vformat does not affect the TV picture swapped ports tried different cables.I pay about five pounds for my cables. ounce the signal is picked up the TV will stay on .Its only when you start from cold yours george

| Fri 12 Sep 2014 11:56:12 #7 |
  8. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

rexleroy - 1 minute ago  » 
    hi graham my TV is an lg smart TV .Vformat does not affect the TV picture swapped ports tried different cables.I pay about five pounds for my cables. ounce the signal is picked up the TV will stay on .Its only when you start from cold yours george

Running out of ideas. Some TV's are reported to have issues with Foxsat-hdrs on boot if the box is actually recording in sby or awaiting a scheduled accurate recording programme to start. You can tell this if your Foxsat-hdr is set to low power sby. During recording or awaiting the start the clock will be displayed. Booting from full sby does not have this issue. Can you check if this is the case with your box and TV.

| Fri 12 Sep 2014 12:03:13 #8 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

rexleroy

Hi the human is booting on full power no clock.End of the road I think. Thank you graham for all your help.

| Sat 13 Sep 2014 6:20:41 #9 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.