My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » HDR FOX T2

HDMI handshake green screen

(16 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

methley

Barry, do you know if Humax intend to do any more work on the above? Since the latest update we seem to suffer this more frequently than before. TV is a Sony 32V2000.

Edit: P.S, Apologies for posting in wrong section!

| Thu 18 Aug 2011 10:56:06 #1 |
  2. Barry

Barry

senior admin

The advice forthcoming is to check via the TV's menus to ensure that external inputs/HDMI is set to on - this fixed the problem with another model of Sony TV apparently.

There are no immediate plans to re visit this issue, however do ensure that humax support (via email or telephone) are aware that you still have issues with your model of TV.

| Thu 18 Aug 2011 13:27:17 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Owen Smith

special member

My Sony KDL 26E4000 still has HDMI sync problems. I agree that the HDR Fox T2 is much better on this with the 1.02.20 software. But I have twice now switched on the TV and HDR Fox T2 while it was recording something, and been completely unable to get a picture (once it was all green, once it was black). The only work around I have found is to watch via RGB Scart (which degrades HD a lot) and wait until the HDR Fox T2 finishes recording so that it can be switched off and back on. Very frustrating.

| Tue 13 Sep 2011 17:31:31 #3 |
  4. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

I think that the T2 may well send the format before you switch the TV on and this may well be the problem. I would have thought that you could have selected the HDMI source manually using the Sony remonte ?

| Tue 13 Sep 2011 19:33:17 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

Owen Smith

special member

The HDMI source always has to be manually selected with the Sony remote, the HDR Fox T2 does not support any form of HDMI auto input switching signalling. Also my TV is pretty much always set to HDMI 1 anyway, I very rarely watch anything other than the HDR Fox T2.

Since my previous post I've had the green screen of HDMI death twice more, once today and once yesterday. It's becoming irritating, it quite clearly is not fixed.

PS. How do I get these forums to email me when someone replies to a thread I've posted in? There have probably been quite a few replies I've missed, I can't remember every thread I've posted to.

| Sun 18 Sep 2011 1:24:51 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

phila

Hi,

Don't know if this helps but I bought a HDR and it worked perfectly. I then bought a HD receiver for another room and had the green screen problem. I updated the firmware, changed resolutions, turned stuff off and on, changed cables, used a different port on the AV receiver, redecorated the house and stood on my head etc but still no joy.

In the end I returned the unit and it was replaced - the new unit works perfectly on the same firmware version. It might just be a fault with your model.

(It is connected to a Denon 1910 AV receiver).

| Sat 8 Oct 2011 12:28:08 #6 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

kalmol

I have an HDR - Fox T2 and am getting a green screen. It's 18mths old and I have had this happen a few times, this time I am stumped. Tried upgrading software, no joy. Am tearing hair out now! Any help anyone? Samsung TV is being used with it.

| Sat 15 Sep 2012 22:23:09 #7 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martyn Culling

My Sony does it from time to time, but much less since I modified my switch on order. Does not make any sense to me, but get the Humax fully switched on and showing a channel on the front display before turning the TV on.

Common sense would say "that's utterly the wrong way round for a handshake event" but it seems to work so I'm not too bothered.

| Tue 18 Sep 2012 15:50:31 #8 |
  9. Jasper

Jasper

I set-up my Humax Fox T2 HDR yesterday and the first recording I tried I got the green screen thing.
    I couldnt access anything! I wanted to watch what I had started recordong.
    Very scary! I turned off the HDR at the back and truned it back on and it all works fine for now.

I hope this is not a common problem! Would unplugging and re connecting the HDMI at the TV sort this if it happens again.

I have a SAMSUNG TV and the HDMI is connected in HDMI1.
    What I really want is for the TV to source the HDR when the HDR is turned on from stand-by - that is without having to go to the TVC source and do it manually.

My previous 9200T did this OK although it was connected via a scart.

| Tue 30 Oct 2012 9:38:58 #9 |
  10. Jasper

Jasper

GREEN SCREEN Happened again last night. REALLY FED UP!!!!!

The only way to access the Humax was to turn the TV off, turn the TV on, select the Source to TV, then seletc the source to HDMI1 the Humax. Then I got access to the Humax!

So if I watch a DVD and decide to catch up on a recording on the Humax Fox T2 afterwards, I have to turn my TV off and on to be able to do so.
    Not Acceptable HUMAX!
    Beginning to wish I had never bought it!
    No where near as good as the old 9200T, which now I have the new FOX T2 has decided to work perfectly fine again! Sods Law!

| Thu 1 Nov 2012 10:08:49 #10 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.