My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » FVP 4000T, 5000T

HDMI license problem?

(12 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

lencuff

I have my Humax connected to both HDMI and AV outputs. Problem I have is that if I just turn it on and watch on an AV connected TV (I'm using an RF modulator to pipe it around) I get a message displayed that it cannot display due to an HDMI license(?) issue.
    If I then just switch on the TV connected to the HDMI it clears the message and then turning off the HDMI connected TV still leaves it displaying fine.

Any way around this issue?

| Thu 1 Jun 2017 12:50:21 #1 |
  2. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Can't believe it's a licence issue. There's no issue with a HDR-FOX-T2 doing this (Suspect 1800 and 2000T will work OK). Sounds like sloppy programming that disables the AV output when the HDMI output fails to handshake with it's connected TV even though it's off. Possible workaround is connect the 4000T via a auto hdmi switch with remote control or push button switch to disconnect the 4000T so it can't detect a TV is connected.

I take it that if you disconnect the HDMI cable it will work using the rf link without issue (If it didn't the AV outputs would be useless) ?

| Thu 1 Jun 2017 13:34:02 #2 |
  3. Barry

Barry

senior admin

No idea if it will help....have you tried enabling the SD output setting in General Settings, Video menu.

| Thu 1 Jun 2017 14:05:33 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

thegenegenie

I've got my 4000t plugged into the tv by hdmi via a three way hdmi splitter and into my dvd recorder by the av cables with the sd setting off in the video menu in general settings, works fine.

GH

| Thu 1 Jun 2017 18:59:29 #4 |
  5. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

thegenegenie - 8 minutes ago  » 
    I've got my 4000t plugged into the tv by hdmi via a three way hdmi splitter and into my dvd recorder by the av cables with the sd setting off in the video menu in general settings, works fine.
    GH

A splitter is a different animal to a switch. A splitter has one input and multiple outputs allowing you to send the same output to multiple displays. Due to the HDCP handshake the quality is reduced to the lowest quality that the handshake identifies. A switch allows several inputs to be selected individually onto one output, typically to allow more kit to be connected to a limited number of HDMI inputs on a TV. A Matrix switch allows multiple inputs to be selected to multiple outputs.

For instance a 4 in 2 out switch would allow any of 4 inputs to be sent to two TV's independently. TV one and two could watch any one of the 4 inputs at the same time. Advanced AV receivers often have built in matrix switches and two or more HDMI outputs.

If you really have a switch that tends to confirm that my suggested solution may well work for the OP.

| Thu 1 Jun 2017 19:15:36 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

thegenegenie

Yes, it's three inputs one output, so, a switch rather than a splitter then?

GH

| Thu 1 Jun 2017 21:47:03 #6 |
  7. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

thegenegenie - 18 minutes ago  » 
    Yes, it's three inputs one output, so, a switch rather than a splitter then?
    GH

Indeed

If all outputs are connected to displays with the same capability (1080p50 if your box is set to output 1080p50 (upscaled from 1080p25 source on Freeview-HD) you will have no issues. If one display doesn't support 1080p50, output will be 1080i at 50 fields/second (25fps).

Having said that assuming all TV's have decent de-interlacing, doubtful you would notice any difference.

| Thu 1 Jun 2017 22:17:49 #7 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

lencuff

Thanks for the replies. I have an HDMI switch so I'll try connecting through that for the HDMI and see if that fixes the problem.

| Fri 2 Jun 2017 10:09:44 #8 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

lencuff

Tried the switch and still the same problem! Once the TV is switched on and then off again the AV works fine.

| Fri 2 Jun 2017 14:41:32 #9 |
  10. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

lencuff - 57 seconds ago  » 
    Tried the switch and still the same problem! Once the TV is switched on and then off again the AV works fine.

What happens if you change the switch to connect something else to the TV ?

| Fri 2 Jun 2017 14:43:22 #10 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.