My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

HDR 1000s Failed setup II

(31 posts)
  1. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

REPASSAC - 1 hour ago  » 
    I think that it is a HDMI handshaking problem - The "No Signal" being what your TV thinks.
    I think this might be just a setup problem.
    Try changing the HDMI port setting away from then back to that used or connect via scart to complete setup.

Don't they usually just present a green or blue screen if hdcp fails to negotiate ?

| Wed 3 Apr 2013 12:27:09 #11 |
  2. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

I think I have seen a blank screen with my Philips with the HDR-1000S when flashing firmware. Setup could be the same?
    The question is what generates the "no signal" the Humax or the TV. I guessed the TV as the HDR-1000S was still displaying an indication is was in the first time install (I guess waiting for the postcode?)

Edit: I don't think the HDR-1000S even looks for signal until it tries to verify the postcode?

| Wed 3 Apr 2013 12:37:39 #12 |
  3. rhodri

rhodri

I can't see the setup screen to input the postcode. That's the issue I guess.

| Wed 3 Apr 2013 12:51:56 #13 |
  4. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

Yes - On startup the initial graphics are at a fixed resolution and following this the HDR-1000S will switch to that specified in setup (Auto is the default I think).

If you TV has a scart connection then connecting it for the install will sort things out I think (remove the HDMI)- then try a fixed 1090p output setting on the Humax. Following this the HDMI connection only. I think, will be fine.

| Wed 3 Apr 2013 13:17:16 #14 |
  5. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

rhodri - 22 minutes ago  » 
    I can't see the setup screen to input the postcode. That's the issue I guess.

As Repassac says connecting by scart should resolve if it's a TV issue or you really don't have a signal. If I boot my hdr-1000s (already setup of course) without cables connected it does display no signal at tuner X. Commands like quide still work.

| Wed 3 Apr 2013 13:17:54 #15 |
  6. Barry

Barry

senior admin

I have the LG 650 variant, no issues with that model.

What exactly does it say on screen?

Something like:

'No Signal for the current input device' per chance, followed by a spinning LG logo and 'No signal'

If so that is the TV reporting no signal and you need to change the source to the input you have the HDR connected to.

| Wed 3 Apr 2013 13:29:43 #16 |
  7. rhodri

rhodri

Barry - 22 minutes ago  » 
    I have the LG 650 variant, no issues with that model.
    What exactly does it say on screen?
    Something like:
    'No Signal for the current input device' per chance, followed by a spinning LG logo and 'No signal'
    If so that is the TV reporting no signal and you need to change the source to the input you have the HDR connected to.

It just has the rotaing screensaver and 'no signal' in the same whay that if you had nothing plugged into the input...

| Wed 3 Apr 2013 13:52:40 #17 |
  8. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

One suggestion if you can put the HDR-1000s and Foxsat-hdr together. Make sure the Foxsat is connected and working. Put the box in low power sby. Transfer the hdmi cable to the the hdr-1000s and use the loop cable to give a feed from tuner 1 out on the Foxsat to tuner 1 in on the HDR-1000s. What happens when you boot the HDR-1000s ?

| Wed 3 Apr 2013 14:08:50 #18 |
  9. rhodri

rhodri

grahamlthompson - 4 minutes ago  » 
    One suggestion if you can put the HDR-1000s and Foxsat-hdr together. Make sure the Foxsat is connected and working. Put the box in low power sby. Transfer the hdmi cable to the the hdr-1000s and use the loop cable to give a feed from tuner 1 out on the Foxsat to tuner 1 in on the HDR-1000s. What happens when you boot the HDR-1000s ?

Sounds like an interesting idea. When I boot the HDR-1000s I get the Freesat/Humax logos on the TV and then it disappears. Then I get the no signal thing.

| Wed 3 Apr 2013 14:14:56 #19 |
  10. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

rhodri - 6 minutes ago  » 

grahamlthompson - 4 minutes ago  » 

Sounds like an interesting idea. When I boot the HDR-1000s I get the Freesat/Humax logos on the TV and then it disappears. Then I get the no signal thing.

Background, I have two cables on my Foxsat, I feed a small free to air HD pvr ready box from tuner 1 out connected to a 1TB usb drive. This will record anything with the Foxsat in sby and anything that your Foxsat tuner 2 would while booted.

| Wed 3 Apr 2013 14:23:47 #20 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.