My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » HDR 1800T, 2000T

HDR 1800T hard drive issues, faulty?

(7 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

tricore

Hi,

I've just purchased a Humax 1800T and I have some issues with it ....

1) When I place my Humax in standby there's a somewhat loud click. Sounds like the hard drive stopping perhaps. I just wanted to ask if this sound was normal?

2) I also get the losing hard drive connection problem as well which seems to effect some users,and not others. When I power the humax 1800t off and on again by pulling the power cord I won't have access to the harddrive at all, so I can't access the media or pvr functionality. Turning it off and on again (for 10s) resolves this usually.

I was orginally thinking I might have had a bad hard drive or something, even though the hard drive check I ran was OK. So I wanted to try and establish if the behaviour I've described above is normal (bugs?) or if you think I have a faulty unit?

If it's potentially faulty I'd rather exchange it sooner rather than latter.

I'm running the lattest firmware and "Power Saving in Standby" is set to off.

Thanks.

| Wed 2 Dec 2015 23:15:00 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Luke

special member

tricore - 9 hours ago  » 
    I'm running the lattest firmware and "Power Saving in Standby" is set to off.

Sorry to ask but there has been a few occasions when someone has said they were on the 'latest firmware' but were not.
    What version of firmware are you on?
    MENU > Settings > System > System Information

| Thu 3 Dec 2015 8:56:46 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

tricore

Hi,

Thanks for the response.

Software version is 1.01.16. It actually came with that version installed out of the box.

I've established that if the hard drive is unmounted then it will mount itself if a scheduled recording is about to start. Which is somewhat reassuring that recordings won't be missed.

Can anyone comment on the click when going into standby. My humax is in my bedroom so when sleeping the click is quite loud. My old humax 9150t has a click as well but it's very quiet.

Thanks,

| Thu 3 Dec 2015 12:39:45 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

tricore - 14 hours ago  » 
    2) When I power the humax 1800t off and on again by pulling the power cord I won't have access to the harddrive at all, so I can't access the media or pvr functionality.

Yes this problem has been reported a fair number of times so I think it must be a software bug; I am slightly surprised that Humax haven't fixed it.

| Thu 3 Dec 2015 13:23:36 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

tricore

I guess it's reassuring to know that it's a likely bug and not a faulty unit. My worry was that I'd fill my humax up with shows and then the hard drive would fail.

Fingers crossed Humax fix it.

| Thu 3 Dec 2015 18:10:32 #5 |
  6. Gort

Gort

Can anyone comment on the click when going into standby. My humax is in my bedroom so when sleeping the click is quite loud. My old humax 9150t has a click as well but it's very quiet.
    Thanks,

I've had that noise since I bought my machine a year ago. It sounds as if there's some scissors or shears snipping inside the box. Obviously, it's the drive heads parking, albeit quite loudly. At first I was surprised at the volume, but I haven't had any issues relating to the drive or recordings, and the machine is working fine, so ignored it.

| Sun 6 Dec 2015 23:34:02 #6 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

tricore

Hi Gort,

Thanks for the response. I'm learning to deal with the click when going into standby. It looks as if the hard drive is a tad louder than the older drives

Cheers,

| Mon 7 Dec 2015 18:02:47 #7 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.