My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » HDR 1800T, 2000T

HDR-1800T latest software version

(11 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

countryman

I've looked in the FAQs but can't see any reference. Can someone please let me know the latest software version for this model?

TIA

| Sun 29 Nov 2015 10:18:46 #1 |
  2. Barry

Barry

senior admin

Latest is 1.01.16

| Sun 29 Nov 2015 11:07:10 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Luke

special member

countryman - 1 hour ago  » 
    I've looked in the FAQs but can't see any reference. Can someone please let me know the latest software version for this model?
    TIA

If it needs updating and won't or can't download directly from the internet, then it is available for download from the Humax site so that you can load via a USB flash drive.
    http://www.humaxdigital.com/uk/products/product_releases.php?gid=554&pid=6

The site also gives what the version number so you can see if it is more recent or not than the one you have.

| Sun 29 Nov 2015 12:03:52 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

countryman

Thank you, Barry and Luke.

Before I bought this 'bargain', I rang Humax sales and asked them exactly what was meant by refurbished and if the software would be to the latest version as I'd researched the excellent posts here about the various issues in the past. I was told that the software would be the latest version.

It isn't. It is v10. My Humax is not connected to the internet, nor do I have a USB Pen (I assume they mean some sort of memory stick that will stick in a USB port). Neither do I have any way of checking if it is in FAT32 mode as I am Mac. And lastly I don't see why I should go to the fag and/or have the updating problems that some people have had.

So it is going back for a refund.

| Sun 29 Nov 2015 13:09:44 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

Luke

special member

countryman - 4 hours ago  » 
    It is v10. My Humax is not connected to the internet

With v10 YouTube did not work. v16 includes the v13 fix for the Youtube issue and it also stopped the HDR-1800T rebooting after watching an IP channel.

In otherwords the only changes to the software since v10have been internet related. If you delete the IP channels (225-260) then you won't be able to see the difference between v10 and v16 unless you connect to the internet and try to use either Youtube or the IP channels.

| Sun 29 Nov 2015 17:48:59 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

JamesB

special member

It seems shaky ground to request a refund on the basis that the box doesn't have the latest version, if you haven't even connected it so that it can have a chance to update itself. Humax may just recommend that you give it a try.

If you're just in the throes of buyer's remorse, you might have better luck just packing the box up nicely and returning it as "unused" within seven days.

| Sun 29 Nov 2015 17:51:38 #6 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

countryman

Well, that's not the only problem. It decided to reboot itself this afternoon.

As an aside, it's the first piece of home electronics where I've actually had to get the manual out to read up how to do something as straightforward as playing something that had been recorded. Compared to the comparative elegance of the 9300T way of doing things, the HDR-1800 is archaic and non-intuitive. But then I guess I'm not the first person to say that.

| Sun 29 Nov 2015 18:28:39 #7 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

JamesB

special member

Maybe just not the box for you. Good luck with the return.

| Sun 29 Nov 2015 18:35:25 #8 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

Luke

special member

countryman - 11 minutes ago  » 
    Well, that's not the only problem. It decided to reboot itself this afternoon.

I've only had that after I switch away from one of the channels in the 225 to 260 range

countryman - 11 minutes ago  » 
    As an aside, it's the first piece of home electronics where I've actually had to get the manual out to read up how to do something as straightforward as playing something that had been recorded. Compared to the comparative elegance of the 9300T way of doing things, the HDR-1800 is archaic and non-intuitive. But then I guess I'm not the first person to say that.

I use to use the 9200T which is almost the same as the 9300T. The HDR-2000T dosn't include many little features that the 9200T/9300T/9150T but I found it was possible to adapt to its new style, once I switched from a 4:3 CRT TV.

| Sun 29 Nov 2015 18:47:36 #9 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

countryman

Is that an attempt at humour? Sarcasm? Irony?

| Sun 29 Nov 2015 18:58:42 #10 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.