My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » HDR 1800T, 2000T

HDR 1800T not wakng up

(6 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

bellandbottle

I bought my recorder about 6 months ago direct from Humax.

Over the past couple of weeks it has not been waking up to record (about 1/2 of the time) and when I try to wake it up with the remote, it will not power up. When I take out the power lead, and reconnect, everything is fine - until the next time.

I have done some searching here, but this kind of issue seemed to be solved by a sortware update - I am on 1.01.16 and power saving on standby is OFF.

I think my unit is still under warranty but I thought it worth checking here to find out if anyone else is/has seeing these symptoms. I have left it on today, to see whether it records successfully this evening.

| Mon 29 Aug 2016 13:13:59 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Luke

special member

Did when it started to fail start after it had been retuned?

When you can't bring it out of standby have you tried using your TVs remote to check that the TV is looking at the correct HDMI port?

| Mon 29 Aug 2016 13:45:25 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

bellandbottle

I did retune at the weekend to see if that would make any difference, but there were no changes from me recording the TdeF every day, and me now recording the Vuelta - same TV channel at exactly the same time. I did check that I am on the correct HDMI port, and I get the Humax logo after doing a power down/power up. After booting, the box reverts to standby and I can switch it on and off with the remote. When I did that last night, it began recording the program I had selected.

| Mon 29 Aug 2016 14:42:46 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

bellandbottle

As expected, there was no problem with recording whilst switched on, so I have now contacted Humax support to ask for advice on "what next".

| Tue 30 Aug 2016 6:51:38 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

bellandbottle

Well..... no reply to my email, so I called support, who took me through various exercises to see what was working. The conclusion was that as it is working right now, that I should wait till it fails again and then call in.

We will see....

| Wed 31 Aug 2016 13:26:12 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

Minstrel SE

special member

Hi

I think its a case of the machine has some issues. All you can do is test it over a time period and see whether its acceptable to you

It should wake up ok from standby but I know from the 2000t that it is prone to the odd glitch here and there.

I have found it wont recognise the hard drive functions when turning on after totally switched off. It wont until rebooted again from standby.

My main issue has been the hard drive head noise

I feel I will keep my unit but have that niggly feeling that its not 100% reliable

| Thu 8 Sep 2016 13:16:31 #6 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.