My Humax Forum » WELCOME to the forums!

HDR 1800t recording on standby

(6 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Michaeljg

Hi, trying to solve this problem for my Dad - he can't record while the machine is on standby. I have checked the power save options in the setting menus and they are all set to off. It is running UKTFAC 1.01.13 so I think it has received the necessary update but I'm not sure. Any help would be gratefully received, especially by my dad!

Many thanks

Michael

| Sat 6 Aug 2016 20:05:22 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

Michaeljg - 1 hour ago  » 
    Hi, trying to solve this problem for my Dad - he can't record while the machine is on standby. I have checked the power save options in the setting menus and they are all set to off. It is running UKTFAC 1.01.13 so I think it has received the necessary update but I'm not sure.

1.01.16 is the latest available from Link to Humax support but 101.13 should be alright. The power saving options should not matter as the box will should come out of standby to make the recording. What exactly is happening when a recordings fails (is there a failed recording symbol in the relevant folder; if so what does it say)? Can you try an experiment by setting a recording half an hour in the future and then putting the box into standby and observing; 15 minutes before the schedule time the box should wake up (you can tell by touching the case and feeling the slight vibration from the hard drive); does this happen?

| Sat 6 Aug 2016 21:27:33 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Luke

special member

Martin Liddle - 13 minutes ago  » 
    Can you try an experiment by setting a recording half an hour in the future and then putting the box into standby and observing; 15 minutes before the schedule time the box should wake up (you can tell by touching the case and feeling the slight vibration from the hard drive); does this happen?

When setting the recording for the experiment the recording's scheduled start has to be more than 40 minutes away.

The HDR-1800T does not go into deep stand-by if the next recording's start is scheduled within the next 40 minutes.

| Sat 6 Aug 2016 21:46:53 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

Luke - 1 hour ago  » 
    The HDR-1800T does not go into deep stand-by if the next recording's start is scheduled within the next 40 minutes.

Thanks; I didn't know that.

| Sat 6 Aug 2016 22:49:33 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

Luke

special member

I'm presuming that the HDR-1800T is the same as the HDR-2000T, as that is what I have tinkered with.
    I belive that is a reasonable assumption based on the 1800T and the 2000T having the same software.

The 40 minute stand-by is also different from the '15' minute stand-by.
    When the HDR-2000T/1800T goes into light stand-by the USB port remains powerless including during the recording, but when the HDR-2000T is switched from on to the 40 minute standby the USB port remains powered.

| Sun 7 Aug 2016 0:06:16 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

Michaeljg

Martin, Luke,

Thanks for the replies. I will perform the experiment and get back to you.

Michael

| Sun 7 Aug 2016 11:29:00 #6 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.