My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » HDR 1800T, 2000T

HDR-1800t Stuck in Deleting

(2 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

fozzie bear

I have just taken ownership my ex fathers 1800t which I bought for him several years ago.
    I need to pass it on and was trying to do a factory reset including a format of the hard drive but it just sits in a "Processing"[/i] state.
    In the end I had to do a hard restart. Strangely all the recordings previously not visible under Media/Videos now appear but will not play. I have therefore tried deleting them and they disappear off the list but the box still says "*Deleting"[i].
    I have read on these forums that the HDR-Fox T2 does this and there is a custom firmware to try and resolve it. Is there a custom firmware for the 1800T?
    Many thanks
    Fozzie

| Sun 7 Feb 2021 17:34:01 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

fozzie bear - 44 mins ago  » 
    I need to pass it on and was trying to do a factory reset including a format of the hard drive but it just sits in a "Processing"[/i] state.
    In the end I had to do a hard restart. Strangely all the recordings previously not visible under Media/Videos now appear but will not play. I have therefore tried deleting them and they disappear off the list but the box still says "*Deleting"[i].

My guess is that the file system has become corrupted. The actual hard drive may be OK or may need replacing. If you can take the hard drive out of the Humax and connect it to a PC, I can tell you how to tell if the drive is OK.

I have read on these forums that the HDR-Fox T2 does this and there is a custom firmware to try and resolve it. Is there a custom firmware for the 1800T?

No unfortunately not.

| Sun 7 Feb 2021 18:22:50 #2 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.