My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » HDR 1800T, 2000T

HDR-2000T - Aborting a Copy Operation?

(9 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Mooperman

Hi folks!

Newbie here, so please be gentle with me

My HDR-2000T is full up, so I'm in the process of copying some stuff off the internal hard drive onto USB flash drives.

I was wondering if there is any way to abort a copy operation once it has started? I can't see any option to do so, and even turning the box off (to standby) doesn't seem to stop the copy. The only way I have found is just to pull the USB drive out, which is not a good idea for obvious reasons!

Is there a better way?

Thanks in advance.

| Mon 30 Jul 2018 15:46:02 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

EEPhil

special member

I have never found a satisfactory way to do this.

Apart from pulling the USB, the only other ways I've managed to stop a USB copy are equally as bad. You could switch off the Humax at the mains plug. Alternatively you could force a reboot of the Humax. Use the on/off "button" on the actual box and keep your finger on it until the Humax reboots. Neither of these options are good for the USB drive.

| Tue 31 Jul 2018 17:47:23 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Luke

special member

What happens if you select the USB eject option on the "Hidden Settings" menu?

| Tue 31 Jul 2018 20:24:38 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

EEPhil

special member

As far as I can remember - absolutely nothing.
    In fact, just done a quick test - selected eject and the USB is still flashing away indicating activity in progress over 2 minutes later.

| Wed 1 Aug 2018 19:05:42 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

Faust

special member

I just simply pull out the USB drive - to date nothing drastic has happened.

| Thu 2 Aug 2018 11:15:12 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

Mooperman

Thanks for the replies. Sounds like yanking the USB is the only way. I have done it a few times when I've realised I've made a mistake, but I try to avoid doing it because it just feels like something one shouldn't do.

| Tue 7 Aug 2018 11:33:29 #6 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

Minstrel SE

special member

I didnt even know this could be done so I must dig the instruction book out.

So far Ive been hovering around 58% full as I havent seen much to record lately. I dont watch a massive amount of telly and just tend to record the better things on BBC 4 HD

Then again 500gb doesnt last long if I was in to a long running tv serial. One thing I hope for PVRs in teh future is a very straightforward process of transferring to a new box. Im not very up on it but it seems thet its too complicated at the moment and they dont really want us transferring files easily

| Wed 8 Aug 2018 4:17:45 #7 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

Mooperman

I agree. It's especially annoying that most (if not all?) HD content has to be encrypted, so that only the device that recorded it can play it back. You can't even make a backup copy that will play on a replacement device if the original one breaks.

I know you can hack the .hmt file to flip the "encrypted" flag to obtain a decrypted copy, but this is tedious and isn't officially allowed.

| Wed 8 Aug 2018 12:37:01 #8 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

Faust

special member

Mooperman - 1 hour ago  » 
    I agree. It's especially annoying that most (if not all?) HD content has to be encrypted, so that only the device that recorded it can play it back. You can't even make a backup copy that will play on a replacement device if the original one breaks.
    I know you can hack the .hmt file to flip the "encrypted" flag to obtain a decrypted copy, but this is tedious and isn't officially allowed.

You've those who think it's alright to take things without paying for then to thank for the mess we are in today regarding copying media.

| Wed 8 Aug 2018 13:48:24 #9 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.