My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » HDR 1800T, 2000T

HDR 2000T and Apple MBP?

(3 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Troger

I was thinking of getting an HDR9200T and hoping to be able to upload files from this to my MBP and iTunes: looks like the software is all PC/DOS oriented?

Also, looking through some of the FAQs, this model appears to be under a cloud ("abandoned shortly after launch").

SO - where to from here then? My old Topfield PVR, now distinctly dodgy, has driven me to looking at alternatives and I was recommended the 9200T but is it really the dream machine? Or is there a better alternative. Please!
    TerryB

| Mon 30 May 2016 14:30:36 #1 |
  2. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Seems to be some confusion here. Afaik there is no such box as a HDR-9200T. The PVR-9200T is an ancient standard definition (720 x 576) pvr around the same vintage as your Topfield pvr. The current Humax Freeview pvrs are as detailed in the thread title.

Welcome to our forum. Arguably the best Humax Freeview-PVR of recent years is the Humax HDR-FOX-T2 (now replaced by the above models), especially when paired with the custom firmware add on available for this unit. THE CF adds some of the capability you get with a Topfield pvr using taps.

| Mon 30 May 2016 15:27:10 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Faust

special member

You could of course buy something like the 2000T and copy SD files to a USB thumb drive, or external HDD and play them on you MBP. That's what I tend to do, though note I say SD not HD.

| Mon 30 May 2016 15:39:33 #3 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.