My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » HDR 1800T, 2000T

HDR-2000T BBC1 HD no signal but BBC2 HD OK.

(6 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Johnh510

HDR-2000T BBC1 HD no signal, but BBC2 and other services on the same multiplex OK.

Auto-retune restored BBC1 HD which is now called BBC1 West Midlands (in my area).
    Quite when this change happened I couldn't say (weeks?)... but it's a reprieve for the antique box.

Apologies if this topic has already been covered, but I did look...

Regards,

John

| Sat 2 Sep 2023 12:21:50 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

StuartZ

A few months ago the BBC did a rehash of a lot of their channels, including making regional programs available on HD.

This link ([url=https://www.freeview.co.uk/help/updates-alerts]) is quite useful, but it doesn't seem to go far enough back the show the changes I referred to.

| Sat 2 Sep 2023 18:43:56 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Luke

special member

Johnh510 - 22 hours ago  » 
    Quite when this change happened I couldn't say (weeks?

For West Midlands it was 22nd March 2023. The roll out to all regions completed on Wednesday 26th April 2023.

https://rxtvinfo.com/2023/freeview-update-to-channel-list-on-22nd-march/

https://rxtvinfo.com/2023/regional-bbc-one-hd-coming-to-freeview-in-two-phases/

| Sun 3 Sep 2023 10:58:54 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Johnh510

[quote]For West Midlands it was 22nd March 2023.

That's really longer ago than I expected.

The 1800T doesn't get a lot of use these days, the only BBC1 HD recording is "Casualty", and I'm told it has failed for about 2 weeks worth of recordings prior to last nights which obviously worked OK.

We didn't see any on screen warnings about the changes back then as we generally watch SD as the screen size and viewing distance doesn't warrant HD and the local news wasn't there then.
    The HD recording was because the SD signal into the 1800T is a bit weak as it is at the end of the chain, while the HD signal is adequate for some reason...

I'm reasonably certain it's the service name change which broke the demultiplex/decoding on this machine as it doesn't autoscan and track service changes, unlike most of the newer stuff in the house. If it was used as Humax intended with an internet connection it might be different, but the on-line functionality was poor way back when we bought it so didn't bother.

Thank you for your comments.

Regards,

John

| Sun 3 Sep 2023 12:27:49 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

Johnh510 - 16 mins ago  » 
    The HD recording was because the SD signal into the 1800T is a bit weak as it is at the end of the chain, while the HD signal is adequate for some reason...

What is the the signal strength as reported by the Humax?

I'm reasonably certain it's the service name change which broke the demultiplex/decoding on this machine as it doesn't autoscan and track service changes, unlike most of the newer stuff in the house.

I think all the HD Humax models needed a retune to get BBC1 HD.

If it was used as Humax intended with an internet connection it might be different.

Whether or not there was an internet connection, it would still have needed a retune.

| Sun 3 Sep 2023 12:49:25 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

StuartZ

I have an 1800T and had some problems a few months ago. I did a retune and all was OK again.

| Sun 3 Sep 2023 13:05:26 #6 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.