My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » HDR 1800T, 2000T

HDR 2000T End of BBC IPlayer acces

(4 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Njigsaw

Having recent lost access to BBC iplayer on my Humax HDR 2000T and after months of the app playing up I have confirmation, from BBC Iplayer support that one will no longer have access to BBC IPlayer on this device.
    See extract:

"Thanks for getting in touch with BBC iPlayer support.

As of November, this device is no longer supported for iPlayer, which is why you are no longer able to see the app on your Humax.

This was due to a technical issue, which we worked with the manufacturer to attempt to resolve, though this unfortunately was not possible, and the difficult decision to end support was made."

Hope this helps some people who are experiencing access issues.

No info from Humax only cryptic annotation on BBC IPLAYER support website.

| Wed 6 Dec 2023 12:51:30 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

stevewilliams33

Thanks for that information. I've been trying everything to get iPlayer working on my HDR 2000T recorder but without success.
    Strange how it went from losing the ability to navigate through the search menu to odd messages referring to service problems unitil iPlayer eventually vanished altogether. It's something to have an explanation but it sounds as if the tech. guys at Humax might have done a little more to get this fixed?
    Haven't found any other apps on Humax to be of any use so I have no idea what I'm going to do with my (wifi) 'dongle' now - any suggestions, smutty or otherwise :))

| Thu 7 Dec 2023 15:30:48 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Luke

special member

stevewilliams33 - 5 hours ago  » 
    Thanks for that information. I've been trying everything to get iPlayer working on my HDR 2000T recorder but without success.
    Strange how it went from losing the ability to navigate through the search menu to odd messages referring to service problems unitil iPlayer eventually vanished altogether. It's something to have an explanation but it sounds as if the tech. guys at Humax might have done a little more to get this fixed?
    Haven't found any other apps on Humax to be of any use so I have no idea what I'm going to do with my (wifi) 'dongle' now - any suggestions, smutty or otherwise :))

The dongle is still useful if you want to watch recording on the HDR-2000T in another room where the tv has a DLNA client, and a few other functions.

If your HDR-2000T dongle is a 2.4ghz only dongle, then it can also be used by an HDR-FOX T2 owner, where suitable dongles are in short supply.

| Thu 7 Dec 2023 20:59:10 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

stevewilliams33

Thanks for the reply. Although I don't have a second TV or device capable of receiving a signal via the wifi dongle, it's always useful to know.
    In fact I've been looking over the remaining apps and the Wiki one is quite useful, so i may get some more use from it.

| Mon 11 Dec 2023 0:56:44 #4 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.