My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » HDR 1800T, 2000T

HDR-2000T - first impressions

(12 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Minstrel SE

special member

I have only experienced it not recognising the hard drive when I have switched it off at the wall or block, then switched the power to the unit back on

I have quality 10 way plug blocks from Brennenstuhl and I dont always want to leave everything in standby if I have no scheduled recordings.

I will however start to leave this Humax in standby mode which only uses a fraction of a watt anyway.

I will continue to test its reliability on this basis. I reckon it will be just about ok for what I need. If the hard drive was quieter and it was slightly better designed I would be saying this is a very good machine.

I am getting used to it but I was reading something while it was recording and it was quite distracting. Distracting because it happens so regularly that you start listening for it. Its not something like a ticking clock which your mind can adjust for and accept

As of now its a potentially very good machine with issues dragging it down

The lights on the front arent the best of ideas. I can live with it but not having an extra colour for recording vs standby is just daft and lazy design. This one has clearly been designed by accountants which is a shame because if I know I need to spend more for satisfaction, I will spend more

| Thu 8 Sep 2016 15:57:34 #11 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Faust

special member

Let us know in the fullness of time if you ever get the hang of the lights system because as you say it is total rubbish. I have had my box around eighteen months and even now I look at it and wonder if it's recording a programme or in standby.

It's pure guess work on my part if I get it right between the dull red and slightly brighter red. Whoever came up with this light arrangement has a sick sense of humour.

| Thu 8 Sep 2016 22:39:57 #12 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.