My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » HDR 1800T, 2000T

HDR-2000T Hard drive power problem

(8 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

caver99

Hello all I am new to Humax as this is my first one which is the HDR 2000T but have a slight problem with it, it is second hand not new but its in immaculate condition not a single mark or scratch however the HDD does not spin up and when I go setting system storage is greyed out, I have connected another pc SATA drive to the internal power adapter and that doesn't power on either, I connected the drive to a usb docking station and it powered on as normal.
    the HDR 2000T works as normal apart from this all channels and even media from usb is working fine.
    are there any internal fuses for the HDD 5v and 12v power lines.

| Tue 13 Mar 2018 23:34:08 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

caver99

ok I have the hdd powered up now and even updated firmware but the data storage setting is greyed out and im on the stock hdd not an upgraded one.

| Wed 14 Mar 2018 10:20:21 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

caver99 - 2 hours ago  » 
    ok I have the hdd powered up now and even updated firmware but the data storage setting is greyed out and im on the stock hdd not an upgraded one.

What did you do to get the hard drive powered up?

| Wed 14 Mar 2018 12:24:07 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Minstrel SE

special member

Ah the HD 2000 T bless its little cotton socks. Are you getting the media files and hard drive functions now? They sometimes take several reboots to read functions

I wonder if a previous owner has been messing or whether it failed and was sold on. There are plenty on the refurbished market

Ive been in one and its fairly simply laid out inside, I didnt notice any fuses but I wasnt really looking...too busy sorting the noise issue out. Ive got pictures of the insides on file somewhere

To be fair to the unit when it works it works well and Im still stunned by how fast it resumes play of another HD recording in great quality.

Where did you buy it and will it have to go back if you cant sort it? You need a drive working on it or its just a digital tuner

| Wed 14 Mar 2018 16:44:48 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

bobcarter

Hmm, is this catching ?
    Just moved my Humax 2000T to another room to let the carpet fitters in tomorrow and the hard drive refuses to powers up...

Sits there running as a freeview box, with the disk option greyed out and the media button doing nothing but flashing the red led.

Multiple reboots, quick and long waits, try running an ethernet cable across house, upgrade the firmware to the latest - Nope still refuses to power up the disk

As it is out of warranty I opened it up - disk is dated 2014 - and replugged the cables but no change. So I get the meter out 5V OK but the 12V line to the disk is sitting around 1.1V

Scratch my head turn around to speak to other half and the disk kicks into life all on its own. Greyed out options come back and the media is all there... For the moment.

I may be getting a replacement soon.

| Fri 29 Mar 2019 22:33:37 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

Minstrel SE

special member

well yes the 2000T has never been what I would call a reliable product.

In the past its taken four or five reboots but its settled down now to a second reboot about 50% of the time.

So that time it took five(maybe more) reboots, it may never have rebooted properly so I understand what you are going through.

I feel its a firmware issue more than a dodgy connection.

As far as Im concerned the motherboard is not right and the product has never been right.

Its a substandard product by by heck it makes nice recordings and has a wonderful picture quality when it works properly Thats why on balance I kept it and put up with the issues

I should really have taken mine back but Ive had well over two years out of it now so perhaps its time for a change

All the best

| Sun 31 Mar 2019 0:53:54 #6 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

I thought the trick to bring the hard drive to life was to set a scheduled recording for the next program to start (on any channel). When the recording starts the hard drive will fire up and work perfectly until the next time the power is removed.

| Sun 31 Mar 2019 11:23:03 #7 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

Minstrel SE

special member

well its an intermittent fault or the symptoms are.

We need to reboot it immediately to see the media files or pause a program so its not a case of setting a scheduled recording.

It needs sorting immediately or I have no visible hard drive functions. Whether it records or not from the guide icon is not the immediate issue.

It should not matter if its been powered off at the mains. I dont see that it makes any difference if its been on standby and feel its a firmware issue when most functions are powered up.

Sometimes it works straight away and sometimes it doesnt. A quality product would not have this issue

| Sun 31 Mar 2019 20:56:48 #8 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.