My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » HDR 1800T, 2000T

HDR 2000T help required for new user

(7 posts)
  1. Johnpc9

Johnpc9

I have set up my box and all is working well apart from recording with 'series link'
    When recording using 'series link' I have noticed that if the same programme repeats on a different channel it will record that as well.
    This leaves me with 2 problems.
    1. A recording I don't want.
    2. The programme that records on a different channel could cause a clash with something else I'm recording.
    My question is to know if there is a setting that can just record a programme on the channel I have initially chosen and ignore any other repeats?
    Many thanks.

| Sat 5 Dec 2015 0:54:49 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Luke

special member

Johnpc9 - 5 minutes ago  » 
    I have set up my box and all is working well apart from recording with 'series link'
    When recording using 'series link' I have noticed that if the same programme repeats on a different channel it will record that as well.
    This leaves me with 2 problems.
    1. A recording I don't want.
    2. The programme that records on a different channel could cause a clash with something else I'm recording.
    My question is to know if there is a setting that can just record a programme on the channel I have initially chosen and ignore any other repeats?
    Many thanks.

This dopes not happen to me.
    It can happen if the broadcaster has got its metadata incorrect.

Unfortunately you will have to reveal details of which programmes this is happening for you if you want to pursue this.

| Sat 5 Dec 2015 1:04:36 #2 |
  3. Johnpc9

Johnpc9

I'm not 100% sure of the programmes I think one of them was Homes under the hammer which my wife records daily. It repeats on other freeview channels. Perhaps I just got one that had it's metadata incorrect. I will try it again and report back in a few days.

| Sat 5 Dec 2015 1:16:45 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

bill63

special member

Hi, I have had the same problem with Channel 5 programs. The only way to get round this, is to do a single advent timers every day/week it is on, or do Manual timer record which may easier if it on the same time every day as you can do it daily or weekly in one go. Hope this helps.

| Sat 5 Dec 2015 12:29:55 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

Luke

special member

Johnpc9 - 16 hours ago  » 
    I'm not 100% sure of the programmes I think one of them was Homes under the hammer which my wife records daily. It repeats on other freeview channels. Perhaps I just got one that had it's metadata incorrect. I will try it again and report back in a few days.

Including repeats there are currently 6 series of Homes under the Hammer broadcast each week. They are all currently set up as separate series. To record more than one of them your your wife would have had to select more than 1 series from the programme guide. When you go into he schedule, without expanding a series timer (by not using the right arrow key) how many times does 'Homes Under the Hammer' appear? It sounds as though the repeats have been requested to be recorded as well as the first broadcast.
    The Vestel recorders (Bush/Hitachi/Sharp etc) will refuse to record a progamme twice but the Humax will normally do what it is asked and if the repeat is also requested to be recorded then the Humax should record the repeat as well.

| Sat 5 Dec 2015 18:25:07 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

Luke

special member

Luke - 2 minutes ago  » 

Johnpc9 - 16 hours ago  » 

Including repeats there are currently 6 series of Homes under the Hammer broadcast each week. They are all currently set up as separate series. To record more than one of them your your wife would have had to select more than 1 series from the programme guide. When you go into he schedule, without expanding a series timer (by not using the right arrow key) how many times does 'Homes Under the Hammer' appear? It sounds as though the repeats of Home Under the Hammer have been requested to be recorded as well as the first broadcast.
    The Vestel recorders (Bush/Hitachi/Sharp etc) will refuse to record a progamme twice but the Humax will normally do what it is asked and if the repeat is also requested to be recorded then the Humax should record the repeat as well.

| Sat 5 Dec 2015 18:28:23 #6 |
  7. Johnpc9

Johnpc9

Hi Thanks for the replies and suggestions. I think the problem lies in whether or not it's recorded in HD or SD. I will have to experiment further and see what happens in both definitions.

| Sun 6 Dec 2015 1:07:20 #7 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.