My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » HDR 1800T, 2000T

HDR 2000T - New software 1.01.06

(114 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Luke

special member

Victor Delta - 1 hour ago  » 
    Updated earlier today without any hitches. However, is it my imagination or does it now take the Humax a few seconds more before the picture appears...?

With power saving in standby left on it has gone up from almost 29 seconds to almost 37 seconds for me.

With power saving in standby switched off it is always under 4 seconds for the picture to appear. In that mode it does not appear to reload the software, but my TV does still sees the HDMI connection in standby (which has already caused me a problem!).

| Tue 14 Oct 2014 22:54:22 #11 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Victor Delta

special member

Could you please clarify what you mean by "my TV does still sees the HDMI connection in standby (which has already caused me a problem!)"?

My TV is also having a problem when the Humax is switched on (ie out of standby) and it seems to take several goes each time to get things working as they did before (with 30-40 secs wait each time).

I wonder if we are both experiencing the same glitch?

| Tue 14 Oct 2014 23:45:15 #12 |
  3. Barry

Barry

senior admin

Software now available from Humax support site:

http://www.humaxdigital.com/uk/products/product_releases.php?gid=442&pid=6

In addition IP download has also been enabled:

• The product will need to be left in Standby overnight
    • The product will check at 4.30am for any software updates
    • If connected to the Internet the download will be detected
    • When the product is next switched on it will prompt the user to update.

| Wed 15 Oct 2014 9:05:54 #13 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

colirv

Do we know if this is applicable to the 1TB version? It doesn't appear on the Humax support site.

| Wed 15 Oct 2014 10:06:49 #14 |
  5. Barry

Barry

senior admin

colirv - 17 minutes ago  » 
    Do we know if this is applicable to the 1TB version? It doesn't appear on the Humax support site.

Yes it is.

| Wed 15 Oct 2014 10:24:08 #15 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

colirv

Thanks!

| Wed 15 Oct 2014 10:39:49 #16 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

Barry - 7 hours ago  » 
    In addition IP download has also been enabled:
    • The product will need to be left in Standby overnight

Barry, someone on hummy.tv is saying that a manually initiated software check on an Internet connected box will pull in the update on demand; is that correct?

| Wed 15 Oct 2014 17:03:33 #17 |
  8. Barry

Barry

senior admin

No Martin, just lucky perhaps... however I am trying to find if unit checks for software every few hours besides OTA time.

I have one unit on old software, and no sign of update on that as yet.

IP was enabled at 8am.

| Wed 15 Oct 2014 17:32:23 #18 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

Luke

special member

Victor Delta - 19 hours ago  » 
    Could you please clarify what you mean by "my TV does still sees the HDMI connection in standby (which has already caused me a problem!)"?

My TV has 4 HDMI inputs. With the new HDR-2000T software when power saving on the 2000T my TV now lists the HDMI as being active all the time.
    I've had one length glitch and if it occurs again I'll start a new sperate thread for discusion. I know what I did in the previous 12 hours prior to the glitch and so I hope to be able to reproduce the glitch.

| Wed 15 Oct 2014 19:17:49 #19 |
  10. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Luke - 1 hour ago  » 

Victor Delta - 19 hours ago  » 

My TV has 4 HDMI inputs. With the new HDR-2000T software when power saving on the 2000T my TV now lists the HDMI as being active all the time.
    I've had one length glitch and if it occurs again I'll start a new sperate thread for discusion. I know what I did in the previous 12 hours prior to the glitch and so I hope to be able to reproduce the glitch.

How long after the 2000T should have gone into full sby does the TV report the hdmi port is still active ?

At a sub 0.5W in low power standby there's no way that there's any activity on the hdmi port.

Can you check 15 minutes after the box is put into low power standby and the box does not have a recording due in the next 15 minutes (30 minutes in total), if the port is still reported as active.

| Wed 15 Oct 2014 20:40:05 #20 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.