My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » HDR 1800T, 2000T

HDR 2000T - New software 1.01.06

(114 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

samkydd

Okay so I've tried this update with 4 different USB pen drives each one formatted as per instructions.
    Each one of these drives have been used previously with this particular Humax box to view Video & play Audio files
    so I know they do work on it.
    The file is named correctly and is placed directly into the root of the USB drive.
    I have followed the instructions to the letter about "Power ON the product and immediately press (or continually tap) the channel down button on the front "V"

BUT the USB drive is not read on startup and the Humax boots as normal.
    The box is not connected to the Internet so I can't update it that way, is there anything else I can try?

Thanks for any suggestions.

| Thu 16 Oct 2014 16:28:40 #21 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

raichea

Got a popup yesterday asking me if I wanted to update but it wasn't convenient, so I declined. Tried Auto and Manual updates later in the evening but didn't find an update.

Left in standby overnight and it didn't ask if I wanted to update when I switched it on... the update process seems a bit flaky to me.

I'll try the USB method if it doesn't come through soon. I've had an email to say it's available. The link provided takes you to the HDR-1800T/320GB page. Looking at the relevant page for my model (2000T/1TB) shows no updates. I'm confident enough to ignore that and use the update for the "wrong" box, but it's pretty sloppy of Humax not to do this properly.

| Thu 16 Oct 2014 17:06:44 #22 |
  3. MontysEvilTwin

MontysEvilTwin

special member

If you want to do a USB update, the software available through this site is the same as the main Humax one. The link in Barry's post here takes you to the download page on the main Humax site: the software is the same for both 500GB and 1TB versions. I think now it will update over the internet if you leave it in standby overnight.

| Thu 16 Oct 2014 19:41:09 #23 |
  4. chrisdaniels

chrisdaniels

special member

Samkydd: you don't say you've unzipped the file.
    Unzip it, plonk it at the root of the usb so that's the only file there - no folders.
    Unplug all other usb sticks/drives/wifi stick and reboot the box.

There is the remote possibility that the stick is not compatible, but it is a remote chance.

If you still can't get it to update, I'd say it's more than likely something you're not quite doing right rather than the usb stick/s being dodgy.

| Thu 16 Oct 2014 22:35:52 #24 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

raichea

I hoped it would prompt me to update because I left it in standby overnight last night, but it didn't... as I said, I'll go the USB route if I have to... but can't be bothered at the moment.

| Thu 16 Oct 2014 22:40:20 #25 |
  6. Barry

Barry

senior admin

samkydd - I found it helps when you re apply power to touch and keep touching the channel down button until the update message appears on screen.

| Thu 16 Oct 2014 22:58:42 #26 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

Victor Delta

special member

Barry's right. It took me about 10 attempts before the Humax would run the USB update. In the end, it only worked when I was already pressing the down button when the power was switched on.

| Thu 16 Oct 2014 23:37:13 #27 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

pilgrim42

I've had no trouble with installation, but have noticed two things;the settings/system/ signal check has gone horribly slow with five or six seconds delay on commands;the other thing is a marked increase in signal sensitivity.........Didn't expect that one!
    Mike.

| Fri 17 Oct 2014 1:49:34 #28 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

ruddster

Has any one else noticed this issue since the update?

Go to a recording that you have already been watching on a previous occasion (i.e. not one that you are currently watching).
    Choose "Play From Start".
    The recording flickers on for a nano-second then returns back to the list of recordings.
    Now choose "Play From Start" and it will actually do it.

Not insurmountable, but an annoyance.

| Fri 17 Oct 2014 11:27:12 #29 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

raichea

Well, I waited overnight to see if I'd get the chance to update over the internet again, but still no dice. So then I tried the USB method.

I'm seeing the same problem as samkydd. I've tried 2 different USB sticks, both formatted FAT32, both recognised by the Humax when plugged in, but neither will get the box to update. I must have tried around 20 times changing sticks, holding V rather than tapping, then going back to tapping. The update file is in the root and unzipped, before anyone asks!

How could Humax screw this up so badly? Why not put an update from USB option in the menu?

I am so fed up with this box at the moment. First it loses one of the multiplexes for over a week (while my TV could still receive it fine); now the update is proving problematic.

Bah! Now tried a 3rd USB stick... still no joy. Grrr!

| Fri 17 Oct 2014 13:07:59 #30 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.