My Humax Forum » Miscellaneous » Other Humax Products

HDR 2000T no wifi.

(3 posts)
  1. Doghouse

Doghouse

I've just purchased this new Freeview PVR to replace a 9300T that had an ever increasingly noisy fan and it also kept rebooting itself and losing all my planned recordings.

Anyway, this new PVR is superb and reasonably quiet as it runs off a low voltage adapter, so no noisy fan.
    However, it comes with a free wifi USB, which my Virgin hub refuses to acknowledge.
    I checked with Virgin and they said everything was OK at their end, but the guy admitted that other people had had similar problems and referred me to Humax.
    After a phone discussion with Humax which resolved nothing, they sent me an e-mail (I guess as it came so quickly, others have had the same problems).

This states.

Turn the Humax Box off at the mains.
    Turn the modem/router off at the mains for 5 minutes
    Then turn the modem/router on at the mains
    Then wait 5 minutes and turn the Humax Box On
    This should enable the box to have full access to the internet

If after performing these steps and you do not have access you will need to add your Humax Box in your modem/router as an exception with full access in your security settings.

You will need to ensure that the following ports are opened on your router for the Humax Box.

HTTP: 80
    HTTP: 8080
    SSL: 443

If you are not seeing the router/hub and cannot connect then the issue can be caused by the default WiFi encryption protocol on the router. Make sure that the Hub is set to "WPA" auto or "WPA-PSK"(Tkip). If the box is unable to connect then you would need to try the router on WEP temporarily to rule out any WiFi security issues.

You may need to have your ISP walk you through through the process of changing either the port information or the WiFi protocol.

I contacted Virgin, but this time they weren't so helpful and suggested getting some powerline adapters and connecting via the house mains, but I don't fancy having a cable sticking out of the front of the Humax.

I've since sent them an e-mail with the information as an attachment, asking for help, but have had no reply yet.

Anyone else with a similar problem and information about a resolution?

| Wed 31 Dec 2014 16:53:33 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Pollensa1946

special member

Doghouse - 1 hour ago  » ... I don't fancy having a cable sticking out of the front of the Humax...?

What cable would that be? The ethernet connection is on the back?

| Wed 31 Dec 2014 17:58:38 #2 |
  3. Doghouse

Doghouse

Sorry you're right, but I'd rather not have any more cables if I can get it to work with wifi.

| Wed 31 Dec 2014 18:18:08 #3 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.