My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » HDR 1800T, 2000T

HDR-2000T Picture freezing for half second

(5 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

bynki

Hi, yesterday I set up my new HDR-2000T 500GB free view box and everything went fine during the installation. However, having been watching a few different programs since then, I have noticed that the picture freezes occasionally for approximately half a second. Sometimes it happens every couple of minutes, sometimes not at all. The sound is not affected. During playback from recordings or from a USB device it doesn't happen at all. Before I start complaining and shouting about my warranty, is there anything I can do to stop this?
    many thanks

| Sun 25 Jan 2015 22:35:38 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

DougF

I would check you signal strength. There is an option for that in the menus (can't remember exactly where though).

| Mon 26 Jan 2015 10:58:31 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

bynki

Hi DougF, thanks for the advice. I did that and found I was getting 79/100, which is pretty good, so I decided to call Humax tech help. I was asked to "factory default" the box which I did. So far, so good. Been on an hour now and no freezing. Will update if there any change.

| Mon 26 Jan 2015 11:21:42 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

bynki

Update. The box started freezing again yesterday, so I factory defaulted it again. It was ok for a hour then started freezing again. So this morning I called Humax tech help again and explained the situation. I was told I needed to factory default the box again and check the signal strength. I said I'd done it twice already and asked for a replacement. I was told I'd have to complete a warranty returns form and I would receive "a refurbished box"! I've only just bought this HDR-200T 5 days ago. It's not working properly and it's going to be replaced by a refurbished item? When I said I wasn't prepared to accept a "used" replacement, it was suggested I return it to where I had purchased it to get a replacement. I will do that, but I will not be getting another Humax product. I will ask for a different brand as I believe a "warranty" should cover the item fully. Meaning if it is faulty, it should be replaced by a "NEW" replacement. Humax, your warranty is not worth the paper it's printed on and your tech help is crap!

| Tue 27 Jan 2015 11:31:51 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

JamesB

special member

It's annoying to find you've got a faulty box, but Humax are correct in referring you to the retailer. It's the retailer who's liable, and that way you don't have to accept a refurbished box.

I returned a HDR-2000T for a full refund, and used the money on a different box. No problem.

| Tue 27 Jan 2015 11:58:08 #5 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.