My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » HDR 1800T, 2000T

HDR-2000T Portal.

(6 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

TruckerTim

Hi, I purchased a Humax HDR-2000T about 6 months ago. I had no complaints about it's performance until I discovered Portal. I bought a WI-FI dongle, plugged it in and away I went. Worked straight out of the box. Sadly I have no catch-up TV other than BBC iPlayer. Humax now tell me this is all the catch that my Humax HDT-2000T will receive. What a waste of money. I wish I had known this at the start. Does anybody have any tips or fixes. I'm now thinking about a Roku to stream on demand. will this work with Humax?

| Thu 22 Jan 2015 14:07:49 #1 |
  2. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

A Roku will work, it's nothing to do with the Humax. It plugs directly into a TV HDMI input and needs it's own network connection.

The £10.00 version will probably due all you want.

http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,116889.0.html/

| Thu 22 Jan 2015 14:16:02 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

TruckerTim

Thanks Graham, I know it will be ok on my TV. I was looking at Roku at Currys. Where will I find the one for £10 please.

| Thu 22 Jan 2015 14:25:19 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

JamesB

special member

Out of stock at Sky apparently, following the link from Graham's post. You can get one bundled with passes for Sky services (TV channels, movies, or sports) from various retailers, as shown at the bottom of that Nowtv page. Not good value unless you want the Sky service it's bundled with.

| Thu 22 Jan 2015 14:44:28 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

TruckerTim

Thanks for the advice Graham & James. I think I'll bite the bullet and go for the Roku Steaming Stick. If any body wants the humax dongle, I'll stick in a jiffy bag for &20 including postage. Just PM me.

| Thu 22 Jan 2015 18:17:55 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

DougF

It isn't 100% clear what the future holds for portal apps on the hdr2000. Maybe Netflix will come, maybe it won't, but I think you are right to not hold your breath.

Roku stick looks interesting, so would love to hear how you get on with it. There are other options though. 'Smart' blu Ray players, second hand ps3 etc. Have you considered these?

You may be able to pick them up for not much more money and they do offer much broader functionality.

In the meantime, come on humax, just put Netflix on the hdr2000 and keep us all happy!

| Fri 23 Jan 2015 1:13:09 #6 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.