My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » HDR 1800T, 2000T

HDR 2000T problems with Arc connection

(3 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

ETX

Purchased a used HDR 200T from ebay with the hope of ditching Virgin however am having problems with sound.
    My connection is with a Yamaha amp and a Panasonic tv with arc connection.
    My usual connection consists of the Virgin box and a DVD player both connected on arc which work perfectly.
    Basically whenever I use the tv remote and change from AV to DVB this changes to the TV's freeview including the sound however with the 200T connected the picture changes to the tv's DVB but the sound I am getting is still from the 200T.
    Wondering if there is some incompatibility issue with the 200T connected via arc.
    Any ideas anyone ?

| Thu 10 Aug 2017 23:09:25 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Minstrel SE

special member

Hi

You may well be getting the known problems with the HDR 2000T sound output via Hdmi. I should think a good few are on sale due to these issues.

All I can say is that I would test the 2000T with a direct connection and be prepared to send it back if not happy. It sometimes works first time and sometimes with a reboot of the Humax. If it works with a direct connection take it from there but some of us cant even get it working without a reboot until the sound comes on.

To be fair when working the picture recordings and control interface are excellent. Mine was noisy but a diy project reduced that significantly

Im not going to go into the arc connections because that just adds other factors to a unit that is already known for struggling with Hdmi sound when switched on. There may be other issues but with a 2000t you need to establish the performance before routing it through any other connector system

All the best with it

| Sat 26 Aug 2017 5:57:30 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

ETX

Thanks for the detailed answer.
    This was bought from ebay and resold to someone who did not require the features I needed, so would work perfectly for him.
    Thought it had catchup tv before I bought it and only realised after the purchase that only the Freeview play models offer this function.
    Still have not decided which path to take however I would not buy another Humax for sure.

| Sat 26 Aug 2017 22:48:40 #3 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.