My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » HDR 1800T, 2000T

HDR 2000T question

(3 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Luke222

Hi. I am considering buying a HDR 2000T 1TB Freeview HD+ box and have a few questions.

Firstly, is possible to move SD and HD video recordings from the internal HDD to an external HDD. If this is possible, could I watch the videos on my PC or just through the 2000T. Also, is there a maximum file size to export/record or a maximum external HDD size.

Thanks in advance
    Luke222

| Thu 13 Nov 2014 17:35:28 #1 |
  2. geoffers

geoffers

Hi Luke - "Yes" is the answer, but there are some decoding issues with the HD files which are covered here

You can also view files still on the humax from any DLNA/UpNP client player on your network (though there are encryption issues with HD files due to DTCP so only certain players can play these (apparently PS3 devices are DTCP compliant) - see here for explanation of DTCP

| Thu 13 Nov 2014 19:10:12 #2 |
  3. MontysEvilTwin

MontysEvilTwin

special member

Streaming of standard definition files by DLNA is fine but the HDR-2000T can't serve a DTCP stream so won't stream high def. content without additional steps Take a look at hummy.TV as streaming is discussed in some detail. The HDR-FOX T2 can serve high def. content as a DTCP compliant DLNA stream, but the majority of devices can't cope with the file format. Another HDR-FOX or HD-FOX can be used as the client and both work well: these also make good clients for the HDR-2000T. There may well be other suitable clients available, but the ability to accept a DTCP stream does not guarantee compatibility with the high def. transport stream format (Humax high def. TS file) and in any case this is not relevant for the HDR-2000T which cannot serve or receive a DTCP DLNA stream.

| Fri 14 Nov 2014 12:12:18 #3 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.