My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » HDR 1800T, 2000T

HDR-2000T - Record from external PVR

(7 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Bob Jury

I've just bought an HDR 2000T and want to copy onto it some films saved on my old PVR. The only connection on the old machine (apart from the aerials) is a scart socket.
    My TV has many different connection sockets, I do have a variety of cables, and I've tried various combinations without success.
    Can anyone please help me out and tell me how to do it?
    Thanks
    BeeJay

| Mon 25 Nov 2013 18:34:23 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Luke

special member

It is a multi stage process.

In common with other PVRs the HDR-2000T will only record from its own tuners. To use the method you are suggesting may be possible on a DVD/HDD combi as they can record from external sources, but it is not possible with a modern PVR.

(Step 1) Transfer the recordings from your old machine to USB memory.
    Is there any way that you will be able to extract the old recordings to USB memory from the old recorder's HDD?

(Step 2) Plug the USB memory into one of the 2 USB ports of the HDR-2000T. You can then play the recordings directly from the USB memory or copy them to the HDR-2000T and play them from there. If you copy them then you will of course be eating into the HDR-2000T disk space.

Optionally: (Step 3)
    The HDR-2000T requires some additional side cars files to enable full FastForward and Rewind capability. You can often generate these using a utility called AV2HDR-T2 on a PC (link: http://www.4shared.com/file/YKu5NgbB/raydons_AV2HDR-T2_v10_for_Wind.html). Where that doesn’t succeed you could try running them through remuxer tsMuxerGUI/tsMuxeR first and then run the remuxed recording through AV2HDR-T2.

| Mon 25 Nov 2013 18:50:36 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

Bob Jury - 30 minutes ago  » 
    I've just bought an HDR 2000T and want to copy onto it some films saved on my old PVR.

Given that as Luke says, you can't do what you want, perhaps you could tell us the make and model of the old PVR in case there is a known way of doing it digitally.

| Mon 25 Nov 2013 19:06:05 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Bob Jury

Thanks for coming back so quickly. The old machine is a Ferguson F20320DTR.

| Mon 25 Nov 2013 20:01:31 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

Luke

special member

That is a T835 Vestel sold by Comet. It has a SATA HDD. The recordings do not have the programme name in the file name (if it's anything like my T825), but instead the date YYYYMMDDHHMMSSSS01, where MM and DD have values 1 less then you would expect. I think the HDD is in some linux format and therefore if the drive was attached to a PC to extract the programmes woud need ext2fsd or such like. A liveCD for linux may also work, or a computer running linux as standard!

To check on this I suggest looking/posting on http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=171

Have a read of http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showthread.php?t=569435

| Mon 25 Nov 2013 20:24:13 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

Bob Jury

Thanks Luke. At least I have somewhere to start...

| Mon 25 Nov 2013 21:18:06 #6 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

Luke

special member

By the way. AV2HDR-T2 works very well on my T825 recordings. As Vestel change things gradually my expectation would be that AV2HDR-T2 also works well on the T835 recordings.

| Mon 25 Nov 2013 23:26:03 #7 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.