My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » HDR 1800T, 2000T

HDR-2000T Recording noise/problems

(4 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Leps262

HI, I've upgraded from the Humax PVR 9300T to the HDR-2000T mainly so I could receive the Data channel, Motors TV. (which I'm pleased to say works well) But we're only 3 days in and the noise that the box makes whilst it's recording is awful! It sounds like a chugging steam train! Is this a known fault or could the box be faulty?? It seems to work well except one of the programs set to record failed yesterday, it was in a series link too. The first episode recorded fine and the second which was on straight after didn't record...it said 'Recording failed, unable to track program' I was disappointed as I'd had occasional recording failings with the old Humax box and hoped it wouldn't happen with this newer model. Thanks in advance for any info/advice, Bev

| Wed 26 Mar 2014 13:27:14 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

Leps262 - 3 minutes ago  » 
    HI, I've upgraded from the Humax PVR 9300T to the HDR-2000T mainly so I could receive the Data channel, Motors TV. (which I'm pleased to say works well) But we're only 3 days in and the noise that the box makes whilst it's recording is awful! It sounds like a chugging steam train!

That sounds like a faulty box to me; ours makes no perceptible noise although my hearing isn't the sharpest.

The first episode recorded fine and the second which was on straight after didn't record...it said 'Recording failed, unable to track program'

Had the recording failed ie was zero length or was it just very slightly truncated. We see these messages from time to time but often the actual recording is fine.

| Wed 26 Mar 2014 13:33:45 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Leps262

Thanks Martin. Thanks for quick reply. My hearing is very good admittedly, but I'm sure you'd hear this, I wondered what it was at first! The missed recording was 0 length

| Wed 26 Mar 2014 13:38:33 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

BAL

Anyone who is experiencing this rumbling noise problem, make sure that it is not vibrating through a wooden tv stand.
    We found this was the cause, just by lifting it up off the stand.
    We are now going to get some pieces of foam to go under the rubber legs under the case.
    Hope this helps.

| Tue 2 Dec 2014 13:59:12 #4 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.