My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » HDR 1800T, 2000T

HDR-2000T system freeze

(9 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

jk88

Had the 2000T for a week now, in this time it has refused to start at least 4 times (via the remote or the front panel). Red light is showing and no input to the TV. The only way to restart is to disconnect from mains and reboot. In addition, if the system has frozen prior to a scheduled recording, no recording takes place. The occurance seeems random but frequent. I have a Fox T2 in another room so familiar with the OS.

Before I order a replacement from Amazon, any thoughts on causes and is there any sort of hard reset (other than switching off and on again) that might help? Software version is 1.00.07.

| Sat 14 Dec 2013 8:31:12 #1 |
  2. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Hi welcomed to the forum. The first thing you should try is a reset to factory defaults.

| Sat 14 Dec 2013 10:02:47 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

jk88

Thanks, have reset to factory defaults and will wait to see how it goes.

| Sat 14 Dec 2013 10:40:46 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

jk88

Despite reset, still freezes. Must be a duff one, so replacement now on it's way from Amazon. Hope that performs better or else will change for Fox T2.

| Tue 17 Dec 2013 10:30:39 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

moo

I bought one of these for my mother and hers does the same. Randomly won't switch on and needs power cycling. Did your replacement work? Or is it a firmware issue.

| Sat 4 Jan 2014 13:26:13 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

jk88

Replacement works perfectly and may even have come from the same batch as serial number similar to original unit, so I'd definitely say it was a one off faulty unit. Amazon replacement service faultless as usual.

| Thu 9 Jan 2014 11:08:03 #6 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

moo

That's interesting to know. I took my mothers one back and just exchanged it for a new one. So far it's not gone wrong at all. So I might have the same experience.

Her last one started getting even worse. Sound randomly stopped working, box started not responding to the remote control whilst it was on, the box kept blanking the screen and saying channel scrambled or can't be received. All of these problems had to be solved with a power cycle.

The replacement box has shown no sign at all of doing any of this, but it's only been used for one evening so far so time will tell.

| Thu 9 Jan 2014 12:59:43 #7 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

Tourista

Thanks for your original post jk88, and to those who replied as I thought I was alone with the exact same problems highlighted by you. This has happened at least 5 times since I purchased the unit 2 weeks ago, and will have to take it back to Argos and hope they agree to replace it.

Also, do any on here more technically minded know if this is a software issue affecting the unit, or a fault with the actual hardware?.

| Mon 27 Jan 2014 23:08:50 #8 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

jk88

It's a fault. Take it back and get a new one. I expect Argos will be happy to exchange.

| Sat 15 Feb 2014 10:44:50 #9 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.