My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » HDR 1800T, 2000T

HDR 2000T Wifi FTP Transfer Problem

(5 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Jericho

I wondered if anyone would be able to assist me. I am having trouble copying mp4 files from my PC to my Humax HDR 2000T box via Wifi Dongle plugged into the front of the box. I use File Zilla on my PC. I can connect using the IP address of the box. I can see what is on the box and even rename folders and delete files.

However when I try and copy a file from the PC to the box, it starts copying and then will fail. It will say it will take 3 hours to copy a 200mb file. It then copy about 2mb of it and then I will get this

Response: 502 Command not implemented.
    Error: Critical file transfer error

I have another box which is connected via ethernet cable and this works with no problems. However the Wifi connected box won't. I have the box set up to share media and FTP enabled.

I have been using a USB stick to transfer files manually to the box with no problems. I really do not understand why I can access the box and delete files but can not upload. I have tried different files but they all manage to get a few mb uploaded before it fails. I have even tried a different FTP client with no luck. I have turned the box on and off. PC on and off. Router on and off. None of this seems to help.

Can anyone help? Thanks in advance for anyones help.

| Mon 23 Jan 2017 13:33:08 #1 |
  2. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Are the two boxes close to each other ?

| Mon 23 Jan 2017 13:44:20 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Jericho

grahamlthompson - 1 hour ago  » 

No they are in separate rooms. There is no way to wire the router and box together without having meters of wire through the house

| Mon 23 Jan 2017 15:21:37 #3 |
  4. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Jericho - 10 minutes ago  » 

grahamlthompson - 1 hour ago  » 

No they are in separate rooms. There is no way to wire the router and box together without having meters of wire through the house

Shame, you could try using a usb extension lead to find a better reception location for the WiFi Dongle.

| Mon 23 Jan 2017 15:34:12 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

damian

special member

If you don't have a usb extension lead or it has little effect I would suggest a pair of power plugs. A set of two 500mbps or better can normally be found for less than £20.
    It does seem a shame after investing in a dongle, but personally I would take power plugs over wifi any day. Plug one in beside the router and same for the 2000T, they normally come with suitable network cables to connect.

| Mon 23 Jan 2017 17:38:23 #5 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.