My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » HDR 1800T, 2000T

HDR 2000T - No Loop-through when turned On

(5 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

davidwgreen

I have just bought a HDR 2000T and it has the latest software. In standby the loop-through is working fine, BUT when I turn the PVR on, the looped aerial signal to my (Samsung) TV is gone. Is this a bug or is the HDR 2000T designed to block loop through when it is on (i.e. not in standby)?
    When my old Humax 9300T was turned on, I could either view the 'TV' input (through the looped aerial via the PVR) or switch the AV input to the PVR.

If this is a known 'feature', is there a recommended passive splitter I can use to feed aerial signal to TV and PVR?

David

| Mon 30 Nov 2015 11:35:40 #1 |
  2. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Best guess is the HDMI cable is interfering with the RF output to the TV. If you remove the HDMI cable and turn on the box is the signal back. ? If so replace the coax cables with double screened satellite grade cable (ideally WF100) and separate the hdmi cable as far away from the coax as possible. A replacement HDMI cable may help.

Any quality splitter will do (but may not help at all if it's the above that is causing the issue).

eg

http://www.screwfix.com/p/labgear-2-way-splitter-with-power-pass-all-ports/99105

| Mon 30 Nov 2015 11:43:57 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

davidwgreen

Thank you. I'll test this evening and report back.

| Mon 30 Nov 2015 12:13:36 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

davidwgreen

Your diagnosis was spot on. I unplugged HDMI from TV and turned the HDR2000T on from standby. Was then able to see picture with TV AV input set to 'TV'. After minor rerouting of the coax and HDMI cables to keep them further apart it's all working as expected. Noticed that when I turn the PVR on, TV picture disappears for a few seconds while the the HDR2000T is moving out of standby. Afterwards it's fine.

Thank you.
    David

| Mon 30 Nov 2015 21:53:32 #4 |
  5. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

davidwgreen - 14 minutes ago  » 
    Your diagnosis was spot on. I unplugged HDMI from TV and turned the HDR2000T on from standby. Was then able to see picture with TV AV input set to 'TV'. After minor rerouting of the coax and HDMI cables to keep them further apart it's all working as expected. Noticed that when I turn the PVR on, TV picture disappears for a few seconds while the the HDR2000T is moving out of standby. Afterwards it's fine.
    Thank you.

You are welcome, glad it's sorted.
    David

| Mon 30 Nov 2015 22:08:41 #5 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.