My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » HDR 1800T, 2000T

HDR 3000T problems with LG OLED TV

(5 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

jscan

I have been using my HDR 3000T with an older Sony TV for a while with no problems, but I recently moved and bought a new LG OLED TV (model OLED55C8PTA) and are now experiencing weird signal issues with free to air TV. If I output the HDMI signal to the LG TV the free to air TV signal is unwatchable (including the raw TV signal via the aerial passthrough). In other respects, including playback of menus and recorded TV, the device works fine, it's just the FTA output that's affected.

In contrast, if I run the HDMI signal out to a separate monitor (a Dell computer monitor) the device works perfectly as it did before with the Sony monitor (including the aerial passthrough). Does anyone have any ideas here? I've turned off CEC on both devices and checked as many other settings as I can. Is it some weird HDCP or HDMI problem? Is there some new standard that the HDR 3000T doesn't support?

| Wed 18 Jul 2018 6:18:18 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Pollensa1946

special member

The 3000T is an Australian product, not sold in the UK. The LG TV is also not a UK model. This is a UK forum so you might have difficulty getting an answer.

| Wed 18 Jul 2018 10:35:43 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Luke

special member

jscan - 14 hours ago  » 
    If I output the HDMI signal to the LG TV the free to air TV signal is unwatchable (including the raw TV signal via the aerial passthrough). In other respects, including playback of menus and recorded TV, the device works fine, it's just the FTA output that's affected.
    In contrast, if I run the HDMI signal out to a separate monitor (a Dell computer monitor) the device works perfectly as it did before with the Sony monitor (including the aerial passthrough). Does anyone have any ideas here? I've turned off CEC on both devices and checked as many other settings as I can. Is it some weird HDCP or HDMI problem? Is there some new standard that the HDR 3000T doesn't support?

One possibility is interference is being emitted from the HDMI cable to your aerial cable. It can impact some channels free to air frequencies a lot more than others. If the HDMI and aerial cables are touching or almost touching then parting them by just 2 or 3 centimeters will sort that out.
    When you use the monitor to test are you also moving the HDMI cable away form the aerial cable? If you are then that could be the reason that it starts to work again.

Presumably you have checked that the TV is OK by powering off the Humax and physically directly using the TV via the aerial cable without pass through the Humax.

| Wed 18 Jul 2018 20:52:47 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

jscan

Thanks, I didn't realise this was a UK forum, but Australian tech support just asked me to reset the device and re-scan the channels (which I've done twice). My understanding is the DVB-T signal is very similar in the UK and Australia.

| Wed 18 Jul 2018 22:24:16 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

jscan

Luke - 1 hour ago  » 
    One possibility is interference is being emitted from the HDMI cable to your aerial cable. It can impact some channels free to air frequencies a lot more than others. If the HDMI and aerial cables are touching or almost touching then parting them by just 2 or 3 centimeters will sort that out.
    When you use the monitor to test are you also moving the HDMI cable away form the aerial cable? If you are then that could be the reason that it starts to work again.
    Presumably you have checked that the TV is OK by powering off the Humax and physically directly using the TV via the aerial cable without pass through the Humax.

Thanks, I've double-checked this this morning and it's definitely not interference between the aerial and the HDMI cables. I've moved the cables around etc. The image distortion is a complete write-off of the video quality (frozen) and partial audio signal only, hence my thinking it's a copy protection issue. Also, the FTA TV signal when directed straight to the TV (taking the Humax out of the loop) is superb.

Thanks for your thoughts.

| Wed 18 Jul 2018 22:39:30 #5 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.