My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » HDR FOX T2

HDR Fox T2

(11 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

jonboy43

I want to transfer some bbc programmes /files from my old humax recorder hard drive to a new humax recorder.
    I've connected the Seagate 500gb hard drive via a sata adaptor to my laptop.

but only some of the videos / programme files are visible. the recorded bbc files aren't visible?
    can someone tell me why they aren't visible, and is there anything that I can do to change this.
    regards
    jh

| Sat 7 Oct 2017 8:45:23 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

jonboy43 - 28 minutes ago  » 
    I've connected the Seagate 500gb hard drive via a sata adaptor to my laptop.
    but only some of the videos / programme files are visible. the recorded bbc files aren't visible?
    can someone tell me why they aren't visible, and is there anything that

Are they HD recordings? You might get a more useful answer if you ask the question on then hummy.tv forum.

| Sat 7 Oct 2017 9:15:42 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

jonboy43

no they aren't hd

| Sat 7 Oct 2017 9:37:16 #3 |
  4. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

How are you reading the Linux EXT3 file system using a PC ? All the recordings are encrypted on a HDR FOX T2, to decrypt SD you have to copy them using the HDR-FOX-T2 to a usb drive.

| Sat 7 Oct 2017 10:08:37 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

jonboy43

I'm trying to locate them on a laptop (windows 7), but they aren't visible to the laptop to allow me to copy / transfer the files

| Sat 7 Oct 2017 19:08:41 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

jonboy43 - 1 hour ago  » 
    I'm trying to locate them on a laptop (windows 7), but they aren't visible to the laptop to allow me to copy / transfer the files

You would need to load an EXT2/EXT3 driver eg EXT2FSD https://sourceforge.net/projects/ext2fsd/ but the files will still be encrypted. Is the HDR-FOX T2 not working?

| Sat 7 Oct 2017 20:59:00 #6 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

jonboy43

no the unit took the effect of a lightning strike and took out the power supply. there were a few programmes that we regularly viewed, and wanted to transfer them over to the new humax.

will the EXT2/EXT3 driver allow me to see/identify the files, so that I can transfer them.
    regards
    jh

| Sun 8 Oct 2017 9:04:31 #7 |
  8. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

jonboy43 - 16 minutes ago  » 
    no the unit took the effect of a lightning strike and took out the power supply. there were a few programmes that we regularly viewed, and wanted to transfer them over to the new humax.
    will the EXT2/EXT3 driver allow me to see/identify the files, so that I can transfer them.
    regards
    jh

Not sure if EXT2FS works with windows 10. However even if you can see and copy the files they will be unusable due to the encryption. You would have to repair the power supply on the HDR-FOX-T2 to do anything with them.

| Sun 8 Oct 2017 9:23:07 #8 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

jonboy43 - 1 hour ago  » 

Yes but they will be unusable as they are encrypted and the only known way of removing the encryption and making them playable is to use the specific HDR-FOX T2 that made the recording (each HDR-FOX T2 has a different encryption key). I am sorry but I think you will have to regard the recordings as lost.

| Sun 8 Oct 2017 10:12:27 #9 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

BB

Martin Liddle - 6 hours ago  » 

jonboy43 - 1 hour ago  » 

Yes but they will be unusable as they are encrypted and the only known way of removing the encryption and making them playable is to use the specific HDR-FOX T2 that made the recording (each HDR-FOX T2 has a different encryption key). I am sorry but I think you will have to regard the recordings as lost.

What about foxy??

| Sun 8 Oct 2017 16:43:18 #10 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.