My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » HDR FOX T2

HDR Fox T2

(3 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

adrianl

Recently my Fox T2 HDR 1 Tb 'lost' the HDD. I tried resets but no luck - no HDD found and no Media.
    So was it the HDD itself or the controller (have seen posts about failure of HDD controller)??
    So for one who had his electronics experience in the days of valves and a few transistors - into the unknown.

First step was to get out screwdrivers and dismantle the box (I don't like throwing things away).
    Removed HDD (Seagate Pipeline HD 1000GB 1CT 162-500) and tried it in a USB caddy on my PC. It spun up and then stopped and my PC did not recognise it.

So possibly HDD problem. Dug in my junk box and found a Samsung drive,(250 Mb, which was the heart of an old PC and height of technology then). Fitted that into Fox T2 for a test and it rapidly formatted it and Fox T2 HDR working well now (but with limited recording capacity of course).

So do I obtain a 1Tb Seagate drive at about £45? Decisions, decisions!!

| Thu 10 Jan 2019 18:25:34 #1 |
  2. Trev

Trev

special member

YES!

| Thu 10 Jan 2019 20:00:57 #2 |
  3. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

adrianl - 2 hours ago  » 
    Recently my Fox T2 HDR 1 Tb 'lost' the HDD. I tried resets but no luck - no HDD found and no Media.
    So was it the HDD itself or the controller (have seen posts about failure of HDD controller)??
    So for one who had his electronics experience in the days of valves and a few transistors - into the unknown.
    First step was to get out screwdrivers and dismantle the box (I don't like throwing things away).
    Removed HDD (Seagate Pipeline HD 1000GB 1CT 162-500) and tried it in a USB caddy on my PC. It spun up and then stopped and my PC did not recognise it.
    So possibly HDD problem. Dug in my junk box and found a Samsung drive,(250 Mb, which was the heart of an old PC and height of technology then). Fitted that into Fox T2 for a test and it rapidly formatted it and Fox T2 HDR working well now (but with limited recording capacity of course).
    So do I obtain a 1Tb Seagate drive at about £45? Decisions, decisions!!

The box uses a Linux EXT3 File System so a PC will not recognise it unless you install a suitable driver or boot it into Linux first.

https://www.ext2fsd.com/

If you connect the old drive to a HDR-FOX-T2 using the usb caddy, to (the now working HDR-FOX-T2). You may be able to see the recordings and even play them back.

| Thu 10 Jan 2019 20:36:39 #3 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.