My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » HDR FOX T2

HDR-Fox T2 - Conflicting info. in Reviews - Confirmation needed please!

(3 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

carola

I'm a bit confused about some of the information I have gleaned from forums, reviews and in-store. Not a huge surprise as I'm a techie numptie!

I need to replace existing recording units for myself and also my 88 year old Mum.

I usually set up recordings for my Mum and playback when I visit most weekends.

With the Humax you can record 2 channels. Some forums say you can then watch a third channel - but is that all other channels or only a limited number? If that's not the case, then presumably if I only do one recording at her place, she will still be able to watch all other channels?

Some have mentioned that you can copy recordings onto an external hard drive or memory stick via USB port. Is that correct?

I assume that once PVR is connected, you can't continue to use existing TV remote e.g. as a separate unit to the PVR?

TIA

| Mon 26 Mar 2012 17:19:09 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

carola - 20 minutes ago  » 
    With the Humax you can record 2 channels. Some forums say you can then watch a third channel - but is that all other channels or only a limited number?

You can watch a third channel with two recording. If the two recordings are from the same Multiplex then you can watch any other channel. If they are from different multiplexes then you are limited to channels from either of the two multiplexes being recorded. You can see what channel belongs to which multiplex at http://www.dtg.org.uk/industry/dtt_channels.html

If that's not the case, then presumably if I only do one recording at her place, she will still be able to watch all other channels?

Correct.

Some have mentioned that you can copy recordings onto an external hard drive or memory stick via USB port. Is that correct?

Yes. Standard definition recordings will be decrypted when copying however high definition recordings will still be encrypted and can only be played on the box on which they were recorded.

I assume that once PVR is connected, you can't continue to use existing TV remote e.g. as a separate unit to the PVR?

The TV can continue to be used as a separate unit and indeed the Humax remote will control it or you can use the TV remote. If the box is on then you will need to change the source that the TV uses but that usually means pushing one button or put the box into standby when you want to use the TV independently.

| Mon 26 Mar 2012 17:49:06 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

carola

Wonderful! Many thanks for clarifying for me.

| Mon 26 Mar 2012 18:31:25 #3 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.