My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » HDR FOX T2

HDR-Fox T2 - network problems - aaarrrggghh!

(1 post)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

dom

Hi all,
    Just migrating to Humax from Sky and having connection problems with HDR Freeview and HD boxes. Have logged the following with Humax support but as yet (2 days on) no answers. Any ideas?

Hi,
    As per my conversations with tech support this morning, I am experiencing connectivity issues with the above 2 boxes purchased via Humax Direct last week. My TV reception is fine, both boxes are failing to provide any services via ethernet cables plugged directly into my Sky router. I have tested both cables via a laptop and am able to connect to the internet with no problem. DHCP is selected on both boxes and the boxes say they are 'connected to the network' in the internet settings menu. Content sharing is enabled on the HDR box but the HD box can't see it and says 'Server not found' after attempting to connect. TV Portal does not connect on either box and says 'An error occurred whilst launching the application https://humaxtvportal.co.uk/' Both boxes are on the latest version of the firmware, updated this morning.

Please could you advise how I might be able to resolve these issues?

Also tech support commented that I may need to open ports on the router to get TV Portal working, but could not advise which ports. Is it correct that if TV Portal requires open ports, you can't say which ports they are?

Cheers,

Dom

| Wed 9 Nov 2011 12:55:10 #1 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.