My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » HDR FOX T2

HDR Fox T2 not recording & blanked out menus

(16 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

alpew

Hi All.

I am new to this forum so I hope my question is not posted else where already.

I have had the HDR-T2 for sometime now and all was working ok up until about 2 months ago. I could schedule recording and also pause and rewind live TV. However now the box is not behaving.

I can schedule recordings OK and the red light comes on on the front of the box indicating recording is taking place. However no recording appears in the Media menu. I have managed to FTP to the box OK and no media files appear either - other than the old files I recorded > 2 months ago.

When I try and pause and remind live TV nothing happens unless I press Play when the play and time bar appears on the screen.

When I go into the menu on the box, some options are greyed out and unselectable. Such as the Edit Channels and Installation menus.

I have tried to telnet to the box (telnet 192.168.1.3) but I get a connection refused message.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

| Sun 6 May 2012 22:26:11 #1 |
  2. Barry

Barry

senior admin

Welcome to the Forum

If menu items are greyed out, then the unit 'thinks' it is recording or playing back a recording.

First thing I would try is a power cycle and if you can then access the menu a factory default, make a note of your timers as you will have to reschedule them.

| Sun 6 May 2012 23:30:43 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

alpew

Hi Barry.

Thanks for the advice. I've noted that their is a message saying 'deleting' on the screen too every now and again so that may fit in with what you're saying.

One question though, how do I do a factory reset as the installation menu is blanked out and I can't see any option anywhere else?

Thanks

Alan.

| Mon 7 May 2012 9:44:12 #3 |
  4. Barry

Barry

senior admin

So it might be stuck in a delete loop.

If the menu is still greyed out after a power cycle then obviously you cannot.

| Mon 7 May 2012 9:54:57 #4 |
  5. gomezz

gomezz

special member

In which case can you reload the firmware from a USB memory stick to get it out of that?

| Mon 7 May 2012 12:06:52 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

alpew

Hi.

A power cycle to the box makes no difference at all.

I did download a replacement 1.02.20 firmware file and load it on the box via USB. It downloaded then programmed and I got the confirmation 'End' to say it had updated successfully. I power cycled the box again but some of the menu's are still greyed out and it is still stuck in its delete loop.

Anymore suggestions?

Thanks for your help so far.

| Mon 7 May 2012 19:27:22 #6 |
  7. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

alpew - 1 hour ago  » 
    Hi.
    I did download a replacement 1.02.20 firmware file and load it on the box via USB. It downloaded then programmed and I got the confirmation 'End' to say it had updated successfully. I power cycled the box again but some of the menu's are still greyed out and it is still stuck in its delete loop.
    Anymore suggestions?

Just in case there's a confusion a power cycle means removing the mains completely by turning off the socket or pulling out the plug. You should leave it off for say a minimum period of say 15 minutes.

| Mon 7 May 2012 21:08:45 #7 |
  8. brian

brian

special member

alpew - 12 hours ago  » 
    Hi.
    Anymore suggestions?

You could try installing firmware version 1.01.09, this was the last version before the Auto Delete function was added, so it should certainly stop the delete loop. I seem to recall that this has worked for people in the past who had a similar problem, although you would lose the TV Portal and a few other things. You could then try upgrading back to the latest version.

| Tue 8 May 2012 7:29:40 #8 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

alpew

Just to be really sure, I unplugged the humax from the mains and disconnected the aerial so it eas completely isolated over night, about 8 hours. It's still in its delete loop.

Al.

| Tue 8 May 2012 7:57:48 #9 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

alpew

brian - 28 minutes ago  » 

alpew - 12 hours ago  » 
    Hi.
    Anymore suggestions?

You could try installing firmware version 1.01.09, this was the last version before the Auto Delete function was added, so it should certainly stop the delete loop. I seem to recall that this has worked for people in the past who had a similar problem, although you would lose the TV Portal and a few other things. You could then try upgrading back to the latest version.

Thanks. I'll give it a go and report back.

| Tue 8 May 2012 7:58:50 #10 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.