My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » HDR FOX T2

HDR Fox T2 not recording during the day

(17 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Sunflower704

Yes live pause and rewind is fine.
    Box is in standby when left to record. It's been both on when making the recordings apart from once last night when it was off and recorded.

Is it possible for me to check the clock module?

| Fri 10 Mar 2017 20:16:47 #11 |
  2. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Sunflower704 - 16 minutes ago  » 
    Box is in standby when left to record. It's been both on when making the recordings apart from once last night when it was off and recorded.

If the box records during the day (or any other time) if left on (turn off auto power off) and fails to record if left off, presumably the internal clock is not maintaining the time. When booted the box takes the time from the currently tuned channel.

Remember if you turn off the box within 15 mins of a recording being due, it won't go into sby as it's looking for the recording start codes from the broadcaster. This could easily explain the one recording that worked.

| Fri 10 Mar 2017 20:42:37 #12 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Luke

special member

Just a thought of another possible avenue. Is it possible that last weekend, or slightly earlier, that the electrics were rearranged or reconfigured so that a masthead amplifier power supply is no longer powered during the day but comes on when the TV or some other device is switched on for the evening?

| Fri 10 Mar 2017 20:52:56 #13 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Sunflower704

Luke - 3 minutes ago  » 
    Just a thought of another possible avenue. Is it possible that last weekend, or slightly earlier, that the electrics were rearranged or reconfigured so that a masthead amplifier power supply is no longer powered during the day but comes on when the TV or some other device is switched on for the evening?

Nothing has changed internally at all, so not sure.

| Fri 10 Mar 2017 20:56:54 #14 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

Sunflower704

grahamlthompson - 14 minutes ago  » 

Sunflower704 - 16 minutes ago  » 

If the box records during the day (or any other time) if left on (turn off auto power off) and fails to record if left off, presumably the internal clock is not maintaining the time. When booted the box takes the time from the currently tuned channel.
    Remember if you turn off the box within 15 mins of a recording being due, it won't go into sby as it's looking for the recording start codes from the broadcaster. This could easily explain the one recording that worked.

I'll try leaving the box on tomorrow and see what happens.

| Fri 10 Mar 2017 20:57:34 #15 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

Sunflower704

Ok, it looks like I have literally no reception during the day for some reason.
    It was fine last Saturday and Sunday, today I have nothing. This must be why it's not recording during the day although still no idea why it then suddenly starts working in the evening.

| Sat 11 Mar 2017 16:50:25 #16 |
  7. Barry

Barry

senior admin

This is most definitely clutching at the proverbial....do you know which transmitter you receive signals from - perhaps engineering work in progress?

http://www.digitaluk.co.uk/operations/planned_engineering_works

| Sun 12 Mar 2017 10:08:10 #17 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.