My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » HDR FOX T2

HDR-FOX T2 remote

(17 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

myhandle - 1 hour ago  » 
    Remote failed again last night, swapping HDMI around and using 0+OK to drain the battery did not help, so I'll phone Humax today and see about a replacement.

There do seem to be a significant number of problem reports about remotes for the HDR. I agree phoning Humax is the way forward. Please let us know the outcome.

| Thu 5 Apr 2012 12:18:03 #11 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

myhandle

New remote to be sent, will keep you posted.

| Thu 5 Apr 2012 15:36:52 #12 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

glasgowjohn

I recieved my replacement RC from Huymax and i am very pleased with it.

| Wed 11 Apr 2012 16:36:52 #13 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

myhandle

My new remote arrived last Friday, 13th. Initally it worked but then exhibited the same intermittent behaviour as the original.
    I messed around in various ways, including swapping cables, reinstalling latest update and a reset of setings, all to no avail.
    However there have been periods where it has worked for some time, and these do seem to coincide with me having a 1GB USB stick inserted in the front of the device, e.g. it worked through Sunday when I left the stick in after reinstalling the latest update, when I removed that stick Monday morning it became unreliable again, so Tuesday evening with the stick in it ran reliably and is still good this morning.
    Bizarre but if all it takes is to leave a stick in then I'll do that.

| Wed 18 Apr 2012 10:06:32 #14 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

myhandle

I spoke to soon, having worked all the time up until around 9pm, I came to watch The Apprentice slightly behind schedule and it was unresponsive again, initially in a way I've not seen before, sort of working then not quite quickly if that makes sense, eg responding to every other button press, approximately, then completely unresponsive for about 50 mins. It was recording 2 channels on 2 muxes at this time.
    Perhaps I'll try the new software tomorrow.

| Wed 18 Apr 2012 23:35:08 #15 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

myhandle

Well, tried the new software and it worked for the first day, but is now back to its old ways with periods where the Humax ignores the remote control. When working I get the new notification when pressing the mode buttons (for PVR/TV/DVD/AUDIO).
    So I have emailed Humax, on Monday, but so far no reply - I have a call reference for the original remote replacement, any advice on what would be a suitable title for an email to elicit a prompt reply ?

| Wed 2 May 2012 13:49:32 #16 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

myhandle

An update:
    all appears well now, what I tried was using a different code for the Panasonic TV we have, working from the end of the list backwards, I can now control the TV ok and I don't get the lockup using the Humax.
    Very strange but it has been stable for some weeks now.

| Wed 7 Nov 2012 15:54:13 #17 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.