My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » HDR FOX T2

HDR FOX-T2 totally stuck

(7 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

pud

Hope that someone can help.
    I was surfing channels on my Fox-T2, as you do over Christmas, and picked up the channel showing our apartment block’s front door CCTV on channel 801. I have looked at this before without any problems. This time however everything has got stuck. None of the remote’s button’s work, and I cannot shut down, nor change channel using the front of the box. I turned the power off at the back, and unplugged it over-night, but it is still stuck this morning. Can’t do a thing. Whether it is coincidental that it has happened on this internal channel, I don’t know.
    Any help please?

| Sun 27 Dec 2020 11:07:26 #1 |
  2. FenderBender

FenderBender

administrator

When you say 'stuck', what do you mean? Does the box power on, and do you see the usual Humax logo at the start?

| Sun 27 Dec 2020 12:20:08 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

pud

Thanks for responding, and sorry if I wasn't clear. It is as I said - none of the remote buttons work ( and it is set to the PVR) and therefore cannot power off even. I turned it off overnight with the off button on the back plus unplugging it. When I powered it up again this morning it powered up 'on' i.e. the front power button showed blue and the humax screen came up on the tv before going to the selected channel. None of the front buttons on the box work either.

| Sun 27 Dec 2020 15:01:10 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

pud - 57 mins ago  » 
    When I powered it up again this morning it powered up 'on' i.e. the front power button showed blue and the humax screen came up on the tv before going to the selected channel. None of the front buttons on the box work either.

With it powered off, unplug the aerial lead. Power it up and select a different channel. Power it down and plug the aerial lead in again.

| Sun 27 Dec 2020 15:59:37 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

pud

Martin
    Thanks very much - that worked. What caused it to do that?

| Sun 27 Dec 2020 16:32:03 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

pud - 1 hour ago  » 
    Thanks very much - that worked. What caused it to do that?

It will get stuck on any IPTV channel because the HDR-FOX T2 doesn't support them; later Humax boxes do.

| Sun 27 Dec 2020 18:19:59 #6 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

pud

Thanks again

| Mon 28 Dec 2020 12:05:28 #7 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.