My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » HDR FOX T2

HDR-Fox T2 & TV

(3 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

carola

I connected to my Samsung TV yesterday, but having problems with turning the TV off and on. If I switched the Humax off the TV remained on with just black screen 'no signal message' and label with HDMI etc.

So, I programmed the Humax remote with relevant numbers for TV (or think I have!). To turn off the TV I was then able to press the 'TV' button on Humax remote and the off button. Then pressed the PVR button to turn off the Humax.

When I switched the Humax on this morning I got the 'no signal message' on the screen. The only way to get the picture back was to go back to TV remote, Source list and select HDMI.

So, I'm obviously doing something wrong and would be grateful for any advice/clues.

My main concern is that I have to connect the same equipment up at my Mother's, place tomororw (digital switchover as well) and there's no way she will be able to do any of the above (she's 88). All she can cope with is one remote (just).

| Tue 3 Apr 2012 12:01:23 #1 |
  2. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Auto selection of HDMI sockets require CEC control, the Humax doesn't have CEC. You ought to be able to get the television to select the last used AV input when you turn it on. You will have to check the Samsung manual to see how.

If you are desperate connection by scart should auto select the scart AV input.

| Tue 3 Apr 2012 12:24:32 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

carola

Ah, right. Thanks very much for your help.

| Tue 3 Apr 2012 15:43:25 #3 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.