My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » HDR FOX T2

HDR Fox t2 - Weird noise

(5 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

GH80

My HDR Fox t2 is making an odd noise when it's been on for a while. It's a mild high pitched buzzing noise. The only thing that rectifies it is shutting it down and turning it back on.

Has anyone else experienced this or can anyone suggest a solution, or is it a sign it's on its way out?

Thanks

| Thu 6 Apr 2017 8:13:57 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

fedman1

special member

Could be one of several reasons:-

1) An internal power supply component such as a transformer or inductor, on which the windings are resonating. A power off / on cycle can sometimes temporarily stop this.

2) Hard disc drive dying.

3) Noisy fan (if fitted).

PLEASE NOTE if you power up the PVR with the lid off, there are very high voltages at certain points. DON'T TOUCH ANYTHING.

| Thu 6 Apr 2017 9:30:59 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

GH80

Ok thanks that's great

| Thu 6 Apr 2017 11:13:35 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

royalpalmbay

Did you resolve this issue? My machine has started emitting a soft high pitched beep during playback and at the same time the playback freezes and then might start again, and at worst I have to switch the machine off. Was this what you were experiencing?

| Sat 14 Jul 2018 9:53:40 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

royalpalmbay - 3 hours ago  » 
    My machine has started emitting a soft high pitched beep during playback and at the same time the playback freezes and then might start again, and at worst I have to switch the machine off.

My guess would be that the hard drive is failing. Is it the original drive or a replacement?

| Sat 14 Jul 2018 13:35:24 #5 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.